Mar 22, 2021 - 03:29 PM
- Make a list of your hard skills.
- Consider different categories of hard skills, like computer software and management abilities.
- Add hard skills to your professional summary.
- Add hard skills throughout your work experience section.
- Add relevant certifications to your education section.
- Add remaining hard skills to your skills section.
Adding skills to your resume is a simple process. Start off by listing your hard skills. Think back on training and classes you've taken. Do you know how to use any computer programs? Do you write any coding languages? Have you handled management and operations tasks like budgeting and scheduling? When you finish brainstorming, you should have a strong list of hard skills to add to your resume.
There are four sections of your resume where you can highlight hard skills: professional summary, work experience, education and, of course, the skills section. The professional summary is a two-to-five sentence personal introduction that describes your relevant skills and training. In your work experience section, you can add skills in your bullet-point list of accomplishments and responsibilities for each job. Finally, in your skills section, you should include the remaining soft skills that relate to the job.