Use this professional created Technical Project Manager job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Technical project managers are tasked with managing projects with top-down oversight from inception to completion. They must ensure that all projects adhere to the required standards of budget, timeline and scope. They must also develop project plans that meet client needs with company goals, and coordinate team managers and technical personnel throughout all stages of the project.
Top candidates should have excellent problem-solving skills with at least three years of management experience in development work and customer interaction. They should have the ability to anticipate the needs of future projects by communicating with clients and staying abreast of relevant shifts in the industry.
Your technical project manager job description should contain information regarding the qualities and skills the most qualified candidates will possess. This includes proficiency with a minimum of one web development language, strong teaming abilities and extensive leadership experience.
Technical Project Manager Job Description Template
Are you ready to take your career to the next level and help lead a cutting-edge company into a bright future? We are actively seeking a talented and experienced technical project manager to oversee a wide variety of projects from conceptual design through implementation. You will have the chance to network with clients, vendors, and in-house personnel as well as form a dream team of experts for each project to maximize resources and efficiency. We know how valuable your problem-solving and leadership skills are to our company’s success, and we offer an exceptional salary and benefits package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position. If you are ready to steer high-level projects to success, we are excited to have you on our team.
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation.
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Analyze economics of project plans and provide actionable feedback relating to cost benefit and return-on-investment standards.
- Review proposed modifications on project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes.
- Oversee acquisition of resources and materials as needed before and during projects by talking with customers, team members, managers, and in-house accountants and negotiating price and payment agreements with vendors.
- Anticipate details of future projects by communicating directly with customers and staying informed of relevant trends and industry news.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Extensive leadership experience and strong teaming abilities
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Minimum three years management experience in the IT field, including development work and interactions with customers
- Proficiency with at least one web development language, such as Ruby or Python