Use this professional created Inside Sales Representative job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Applicants for an inside sales representative job must be able to complete the entire sales process from the first phone call through to setting up accounts for new customers. They should be able to research and understand the products they are selling before beginning work in order to provide thorough and relevant answers to questions posed by the consumer.
Because of the nature of the work, your job description should make it clear that applicants must be able to listen, read and communicate effectively, as they will be reading from a script and participating in phone conversations for the duration of a workday.
In addition, your inside sales representative job description must indicate that applicants have at least a high school diploma and possess a strong ability to maintain a professional and organized workspace.
Inside Sales Representative Job Description Template
Our inside sales team drives our company to find new customers, retain current customers, and develop innovative solutions for bettering our product and service. As an inside sales representative, you will play a crucial role in establishing relationships and marketing our company’s brand in a way that is positive, honest, and professional. The work you do on the phone is directly linked to successful outcomes resulting from customer retention and word-of-mouth sales. You would be a great fit for our team if you like to combine superior listening and communication skills with an outgoing personality to build instant rapport and further our business initiative. If you enjoy talking to people and helping people see the value in new products, this is the job for you!
- Follow an outlined script and advertise our products via phone to interested consumers in a manner that is professional and honest.
- Work with your team members to facilitate calls, manage work flow, and minimize hold times throughout the sales process.
- Facilitate the entire sales process from the initiation of the original call through finalization of account set-up for each customer you speak with.
- Research and understand our product line and be familiar with each product’s function and purpose, so you can confidently upsell our customers to compatible products.
- Maintain an organized workspace and properly file documents, updates, and product information so it is readily accessible for reference and to answer questions.
- Listen attentively to consumer questions and provide answers that are knowledgeable and insightful to encourage product sale.
- Showcase the company’s strengths and highlight our brand by talking exclusively about the characteristics that make our organization unique.
- Participate in weekly meetings to discuss benchmarks and personal as well as team goals for the upcoming week.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Superior listening skills
- Ability to maintain an organized and professional workspace
- Experience in customer service, sales, and/or retention
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite