Use this professional created Operations Officer job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
An operations officer in the military is tasked with seeing to the proper management of operations and training so that a battalion has the military education it needs. He or she drafts operational plans, coordinates command staff activities and offers training advice.
In regards to the qualities and skills to note on your operations officer job description, it’s best to include that you desire applicants with leadership capabilities, attention to detail and proven organizational skills. An operations officer also needs interpersonal skills to build and maintain professional relationships.
Depending on the position, an operations officer might also need a degree of technical expertise. Finally, there may be a specific amount of experience an applicant needs to be a solid candidate.
Operations Officer Job Description Template
If you have a mind for numbers and the desire to work with people who are moving toward a financial goal, we may have the perfect place for you in our organization. We are looking for business-minded individuals to join our loan department team as an operations officer. In this position, you will be expected to build relationships with our clients and out what their banking and loan needs are. You should be comfortable explaining and promoting different financial products, and you should also be prepared to demonstrate knowledge about different types of loans. If you are looking for a job in the banking field, this may be the right position for you.
- Evaluate each loan application customer’s creditworthiness, income potential and ability to pay back a loan using set industry standards for approval or denial.
- Discuss possible options for loans with customers and explain in depth each step of the process from application to approval and finally payment structure procedures.
- Recommend various loan products and credit accounts when talking to customers who are completing routine bank deposits or withdrawals to help support company objectives.
- Analyze loan documents, applications and supporting information during the loan process to check for completion, accuracy and integrity.
- Submit loan applications that cannot be approved in-house to a supervisory department for further evaluation with all applicable files and supporting documentation.
- Check over customer credit and loan files periodically and update new information about addresses, job changes and other important details.
- Use a variety of methods to seek out potential loan and credit account customers beyond the current customer base of the organization to generate additional leads.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or another related field
- Outgoing personality and the ability to deliver top customer service
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in lending
- Proficiency in industry computer software