Use this professional created Production Assistant job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Production assistants are key players in a film or television set. They perform many different types of jobs assisting crew members and the talent on the set. This could look like working with actors, delivering supplies, filling out paperwork, cleaning up sets, answering phones, ordering food and more.
In the production assistant job description, it is important to mention the job requirements. Production assistants must be able to work long hours on their feet and be flexible in their duty assignments. It’s also important to have a positive attitude and be ready to take the initiative to help get things done on or off set.
Many production assistants find success by demonstrating enthusiasm for the industry. Attention to detail is another key element that helps determine success in this role. Finally, strong communication and administrative skills are important factors in helping demonstrate suitability for this job.
Production Assistant Job Description Template
Do you want a job that allows you to work with your hands and provides daily challenges and problem-solving opportunities? We have an immediate opening for a production assistant and are looking for a smart, organized candidate to take responsibility for success. You will have the chance to learn about and help all parts of the production process, and form networking connections with department managers, customers, and vendors. We expect every member of our team to contribute hard work, creative solutions, and a positive attitude, and we offer excellent compensation for your talent and passion. Come join our team and enjoy an exciting job in a fast-paced environment while building your resume and working toward the next step in your career.
- Assist during the production process daily, performing numerous tasks as needed including distributing production schedules, coordinating between departments, reviewing staffing tables, and ensuring adequate material availability.
- Facilitate production efficiency by reviewing orders and resource allocation and revising production schedules when necessary to account for design changes, engineering issues, input from management, material shortages, work backlogs, or other issues.
- Expedite overall production during every shift by managing shipping/receiving of materials, distribution of supplies, assembly of new equipment, and completion of repairs when necessary.
- Perform scheduled quality checks, inspections, and tests at the end of each production cycle by examining documents, products, materials, and work processes for efficiency, accuracy, and conformance to specifications and safety standards.
- Gather and record relevant production data during every shift and create detailed reports of production rates, inventory levels, raw materials used, quality control measures, and customer data.
- Clean and maintain production area daily according to established safety ordinances and documented standards.
- Communicate with vendors, management personnel, customers, and technical experts as necessary to coordinate production and shipping activities and resolve issues efficiently.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma and at least one year manufacturing experience, plus willingness to complete on-the-job training
- Strict adherence to deadlines and ability to work independently
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, email, and web-based applications
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to resolve conflict calmly
- Bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with all aspects of production manufacturing process