Use this professional created Production Supervisor job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
The production supervisors are an essential part of the management team in the manufacturing field. They are responsible for overseeing every aspect of production, from how work is delegated to the efficiency of the production process. They also have a hand in the hiring process and are tasked with analyzing production data to create efficiency reports. Strong production supervisor job descriptions will make it easier to find and hire talented professionals.
As a part of the management team, candidates must have strong leadership and delegation skills, which are essential for production supervisors. They should exhibit excellent communication skills and time management abilities.
On a technical level, holding experience with mechanics and machine operation will allow for better informed production supervisors. If they are familiar with the processes they are overseeing, they can make better decisions.
Production Supervisor Job Description Template
The supply chain is equally dependent upon each individual’s ability to perform his or her task effectively. If you value teamwork, understand its importance in a production environment and aren’t afraid to lead in spite of challenges, you may be cut out to work as a production supervisor. We are looking for talented and results-driven leaders to take the helm and oversee production are our corporate warehouse. You will be responsible for motivating, training and guiding a team of hard-working individuals. If you are ready to take on the job, we invite you to apply for the position and learn more about our company.
- Review the processes and protocol set forth to determine whether it is the most effective approach to managing production.
- Monitor the performance of your team members to ensure they are all contributing adequately and working safely.
- Develop protocol to handle emergency situations and other obstacles that may arise throughout your work on the production line and elsewhere in the warehouse.
- Address issues surrounding efficiency and quality control in order to maintain high standards of productivity and avoid any lapses in performance.
- Hold all team members fully accountable for their role in the final product produced, its quality and the efficiency with which it is produced.
- Lead your team in developing effective work habits, efficient skills and high standards for quality.
- Conduct regular audits of productivity and quality to identify any shortcomings and maintain the high standard your team adheres to.
- Ensure that the final product created by your team is made in accordance with the highest level of safety and efficiency and meets standards of quality.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field
- Excellent management and leadership abilities
- Familiarity with manufacturing equipment
- Prior experience in a warehouse environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and superior interpersonal communication skills
- Experience supervising or managing in a production environment