Use this professional created Business Operations Specialist job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Business operations specialists help create business plans by studying industry data to report on trends, make sure customers and clients are pleased with the level of their services, and create project goals. They also draft project status reports, product marketing materials and necessary account documents. Additionally, specialists make sure projects are proceeding on schedule.
Business operations specialists are expected to be customer-service oriented while creating and maintaining their business relationships. They should also be adept at communicating through the written word and verbally.
In your business operations specialist job description, you may want to mention you desire applicants who have a measure of experience. What’s more is specialists should be well-organized to keep up with all research and reports.
Business Operations Specialist Job Description Template
Grow as a leader and manager when you become a business operations specialist. You will act as the liaison between customers and your business, ensuring that all orders are delivered on time and good relationships are maintained. You will combine your formidable business organization and leadership skills with your ability to provide great customer service. In order to succeed, you will have to be driven and self-motivated, checking up with clients and staying on the lookout for chances to build new partnerships and deepen relationships. This freedom also makes the job of business operations manager more rewarding, as you have the freedom to help steer our company in the direction you see fit.
- Analyze data and use it to create reports on industry trends, which are then submitted to managers and used to develop business plans.
- Maintain good relationships with customers and clients, and develop new relationships when the opportunities present themselves.
- Organize and attend client meetings as well as meetings for internal staff.
- Create and maintain a variety of documents, including project status reports, account documentation, and product marketing materials.
- Facilitate good communication between and provide leadership for teams working on a project, including the marketing, research and development, and testing teams.
- Report project details and progress to the appropriate manager on a regular basis.
- Track project schedules and make sure that projects are being completed on time; in the event of unexpected delays, adjust schedules as necessary.
- Set specific goals for projects, including distribution to clients, and ensure that these goals are being met.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Four-year degree in business, accounting, or a related field
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to build and maintain professional relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken settings
- Postgraduate degree in business or a related field
- Minimum two or three years of management experience