Use this professional created Maintenance Worker job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
General maintenance workers are expected to do a lot. Painting, repairing machines and diagnosing the root cause of an issue are typical daily tasks. They repair pipes, electrical systems and HVAC units. They also work with others to develop blueprints to repair or replace an entire structure in a building.
Experience is important to state in your maintenance worker job description. It is also good to mention whether or not the position requires vocational training or certain classes at a community college. Having all essential licenses and being bonded is also pertinent.
The ability to troubleshoot is crucial in this line of work. Those applying to be a maintenance worker should also have exceptional dexterity and excellent customer service skills.
Maintenance Worker Job Description Template
We are seeking the right individual to join our team as a maintenance worker. If you have a commitment to hard work, solid skills with people and a proven track record of high quality in your work, this may be the place for you. You will be responsible for making sure that our facility is clean and free from hazards. You will get to complete a variety of tasks in this environment, making each day unique and interesting. You will also be part of a team of individuals who work together to ensure that each visitor, worker or resident has an enjoyable experience while on our campus.
- Provide a constant stream of supplies for all parts of the facility, including paper and towels for bathrooms, bags for recycling, and trash bins and batteries for electronics.
- Ensure that all floors and surfaces are kept free from spills, debris or dirt by performing daily mopping, cleaning, dusting and sanitizing.
- Address all work orders from people using the building within the next business day, and work to solve any problems with building facilities that cannot be fixed immediately.
- Maintain all outdoor spaces on the campus by cutting grass, laying down grass seed, planting flowers, picking up trash and clearing snow or ice when required.
- Complete a variety of repair services, including cutting pieces, installing items, removing appliances, replacing parts and other duties as needed.
- Set up meeting space for conferences by preparing a room with adequate table and seating space depending on the number of guests expected.
- Update building manager of major issues with interior or exterior facilities, including climate control, damages or pest infestation problems.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- One or more years of experience in maintenance work
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Solid understanding of a variety of repair techniques and tool operation
- Ability to work in a physically demanding job that includes heavy lifting and standing
- Training or experience in a skilled trade
- Knowledge of local building codes