Use this professional created Maintenance Mechanic job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Maintenance mechanics keep the machinery at a business operating effectively. They assemble, inspect, install and test new pieces of equipment to ensure proficiency. Mechanics are expected to perform emergency repairs, which necessitates the ability to troubleshoot promptly. Preventive maintenance needs to be performed frequently.
Either a degree in engineering or several years of experience in manufacturing is required. Applicants should also possess a driver’s license since mechanics will be expected to operate heavy pieces of machinery.
Your maintenance mechanic job description also needs desired skills. Physical stamina and the ability to remain calm under pressure are helpful. Mechanics need to be detailed-focused and organized so they can identify issues before they get out of hand.
Maintenance Mechanic Job Description Template
If you are looking for the chance to use your mechanical skills and knowledge in a variety of applications, joining our team is the right move; you will have the opportunity to work with various types of equipment and systems in an industrial environment. Become an essential part of our business operation by keeping our systems running. We understand and appreciate the crucial part our mechanics perform. Here you will use your mechanical expertise to ensure top-level operation of vital mechanical equipment. Experience this chance to utilize and expand your skill set while working with a solid and knowledgeable team.
- Install, assemble and test new machines and equipment; understand and comply with workplace safety regulations.
- Inspect machines regularly for signs of malfunctions, including visual inspections, listening for irregular noises and conducting scheduled testing as appropriate.
- Monitor, identify and respond promptly to signs of malfunction in machinery such as changes in performance, temperature fluctuations, sounds, smells or atypical energy usage; perform troubleshooting for production machinery.
- Schedule and perform routine preventative maintenance and service for each piece of equipment.
- Perform emergency repairs on various types of machinery, including mechanical, electric and hydraulic; identify and replace worn or damaged parts in a timely manner.
- Use a variety of power and hand tools to perform job functions.
- Maintain machinery and the adjacent workplace in a state of appropriate cleanliness; create and maintain a schedule for inspection, service and testing of machinery.
- Read and comply with work orders concerning service, modification or installation of machinery.
- Work effectively with other team members in a loud environment.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Strong mechanical and manufacturing experience
- Driver’s license
- Ability to walk, stand, and lift heavy objects for an extended amount of time
- Ability to act competently in emergencies
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Associate’s degree in mechanical, electrical or engineering specialties