Use this professional created Engineering Technician job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Performing quality control checks and coordinating with fellow staff members are daily activities for an engineering technician. Included in general duties are report analysis, draft creation and research. When a project becomes misaligned with client specifications, an engineering technician will be involved in creating a solution.
Many of the reports and communications involved in being an engineering technician use computer software, so experience with your company’s office suite should be included in your engineering technician job description. Education level and years of experience are also important and may vary between exact positions.
Important skills for an engineering technician include written and verbal communication, attention to detail and problem solving. Depending on the projects your company engages in, education within a particular engineering discipline may also be necessary.
Engineering Technician Job Description Template
Our company prides itself on remaining at the top of our field by continually producing high-quality projects that utilize the latest in advances. With you as an engineering technician on our team, we will continue to reach our business goals and retain our positive reputation among our clients. You will have the chance to exercise your excellent problem-solving skills to ensure that our projects are completed on time and within budget. Employ your creativity while developing detailed plans for engineering projects, including creating drafts to share with clients and the team. Enhance your technical skills while working closely with management and the rest of the team on multiple projects.
- Communicate with project managers and clients to detail the requirements of the project, as well as plan and prepare for the necessary steps to complete the project.
- Create drafts that provide layout details and the necessary information for the project, checking that all calculations are accurate.
- Run the necessary calculations regarding the dimensions and component specifications for each project so that material requirements are accurately estimated to reduce waste.
- Analyze reports to verify that the projects are on time and within budget, and make necessary changes as needed to reach each benchmark on the project.
- Perform regular quality control checks to ensure that each component of the project adheres to the high standards of the company.
- Develop new ideas or revise current practices for a more efficient operation that continues to produce the highest quality products.
- Coordinate with staff members in other departments as needed so that they remain aware of their expected duties and all components of the project run smoothly.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5-10 years of experience in an engineering environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and related software
- Superior written and verbal communication skills