Use this professional created Associate Teacher job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Associate teachers work with preschool children to teach basic skills, such as number and letter recognition, colors, shapes, social skills and personal hygiene. They prepare materials and classrooms, and they supply resources and items for children to use and explore during learning activities as well as creative play.
Your associate teacher job description should stress the importance of wanting to help and care for others. Associate teachers need to be organized and able to prioritize. They need to be decision-makers and good negotiators. They should have at minimum a working knowledge of computers.
Your job description also should describe necessary personality traits along with technical abilities. Associate teachers should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills that allow them to develop relationships with students, parents and supervisors. They need to be self-motivated creative thinkers.
Associate Teacher Job Description Template
As an associate teacher, you have the challenging and rewarding opportunity to plan special activities and events to make learning fun for students. You have the option to use your creative ability to find activities that meet their interests, needs and individual development levels. You will find ways to weave the objectives and goals of the curriculum through activities that are creatively, intellectually and physically stimulating. You have the exciting job of aiding the teacher in making a positive mark on students early in their educational career. Being an associate teacher allows you to connect with students in a positive, engaging way that helps them learn in the ways they are most successful.
- Design, create and implement activities and events that give students a chance to learn important concepts in an interactive, hands-on manner.
- Provide learning experiences that promote literacy, science, math and language concepts while encouraging appropriate social interaction between students.
- Teach students self-help skills and ways to solve problems on their own that are effective, appropriate and successful.
- Watch for and document emerging interests of every student, showing progress through weekly lesson plans and anecdotal notes.
- Create a safe, welcoming space that values language, culture and individual traditions for students and other family members.
- Follow all certification guidelines for health, safety, supervision and the personal rights of students to ensure that they have a safe place to learn both emotional skills and intellectual concepts.
- Build strong foundations for continuing relationships with students and their families.
- Engage the community in supporting students and providing comfortable opportunities for them to learn to apply their knowledge in the real world.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Associate teacher permit and certification
- CPR/first aid certification
- Management skills, problem-solving ability and self-motivation
- One year of experience working with students
- Strong customer services skills and ability to work with a team
- Flexible schedule