Technical Support Representative Job Description Writing and Posting in 3 Easy Steps
Use this professional created Technical Support Representative job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Technical support representatives help customers troubleshoot issues with a piece of equipment. Tech support is also responsible for installing equipment, maintaining records of customer interactions and collaborating with others to improve the company’s system requirements.
A high school diploma is all that is required generally, but a college degree may be preferred depending on the exact industry. Your technical support representative job description should state you are looking for someone with expertise in both Mac and PC operating systems and is familiar with basic troubleshooting procedures.
Tech support requires exceptional communication skills to explain complex concepts to customers over the phone. These representatives also need to be problem solvers who can find creative solutions to an issue.
Technical Support Representative Job Description Template
Are you ready for a fun and rewarding job that utilizes your problem-solving skills in a challenging and fast-paced environment? We are looking for a talented technical support representative to join our dedicated team and provide the exceptional customer service that is the foundation of our company. You will be supporting end users during troubleshooting activities as well as interacting directly with operating systems, hardware, and software to provide updates and patches. We value our employees and encourage each person to contribute ideas for improvement in both daily procedures and long-term goals. You can enjoy the satisfaction of using your particular skills to help people while working in a positive and encouraging office environment.
- Provide daily support to users of various computer systems including answering questions, analyzing problems, and quickly forming solutions to return systems to proper operation.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with end users, colleagues, and management to quickly resolve issues and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Install and maintain hardware, software, and other equipment to meet client requirements, routinely observe operational performance, and install security patches and updates when necessary.
- Maintain detailed records of daily interactions with customers, installation activities, reported issues, and completed solutions along with any further actions required of management or repair personnel.
- Increase personal technical knowledge by reading trade publications, operating manuals, and diagnostics information, and attending conferences or seminars when possible.
- Develop training manuals and troubleshooting procedures to help both support personnel and end users interact properly with hardware and software.
- Collaborate with technical staff and clients to establish goals and objectives for system improvements and upgrades.
- Create and implement new processes to improve efficiency and customer satisfaction while reducing costs.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma and willingness to learn through on-the-job training
- Strong communication skills and ability to remain calm and professional in all circumstances
- Quickly identify problems, form solutions, and execute step-by-step troubleshooting procedures
- Working knowledge of PC and Mac operating systems and Microsoft Office Applications
- College degree
- Bilingual English/Spanish
CREATE MY JOB DESCRIPTION
View More Customer Service Job Descriptions