Use this professional created Preschool Teacher job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Preschool teachers provide pre-kindergarten education to children ages five and under. They teach foundational skills, such as recognizing letters, colors, numbers and shapes, as well as social, language and motor skills. Preschool teachers stimulate the desire to learn by introducing students to questioning, experimenting and problem solving.
Candidates for preschool teacher positions should exhibit creativity and adaptability to effectively engage and keep the attention of their young students. The ability to communicate clearly with students and their parents is also a vital quality, along with patience and the energy necessary to keep up with small children on a daily basis.
When addressing education on your preschool teacher job description, make sure the requirements meet those of your particular state. In most situations, the minimum educational requirement is certification in early childhood education with some areas requiring a minimum of an associate degree and sometimes a bachelor’s degree.
Preschool Teacher Job Description Template
Preschool teachers are responsible for providing early childhood education to children up to approximately five years of age. If you have child care skills and know safety and first aid techniques, you would be a valuable addition to our team of dedicated preschool teachers. We need someone like you, who enjoys working in an environment where quickly adapting to changing conditions and rapidly assessing the needs of young students are important and necessary skills. Teaching in a preschool environment is great for people who love being around children and who have a passion for early childhood education. If you want to help children get a great start in life while informing their educational experience from an early age as one of our indispensable and hard-working preschool teachers, then apply today.
- Prepare lessons that meet educational requirements in an age-appropriate manner, and teach in a manner suitable for the ages of all participating students.
- Manage a busy classroom environment, and provide the structure and discipline required for successful learning for everyone in the classroom.
- Help children meet educational milestones through personalized instruction and other supplementary assistance.
- Collaborage with other teachers, instructors, and staff members to create an optimal learning and care environment.
- Provide helpful feedback to parents and guardians on a regular or as-needed basis.
- Work with diverse populations of children and adults from a wide variety of cultural, linguistic, and religious backgrounds.
- Prepare lesson plans for students according to the age, developmental maturity, and needs of the children being taught, while including fundamental vocabulary, simple shapes, basic colors, letters, and numbers into the curriculum.
- Address basic interpersonal skills, such as sharing, taking turns, and asking permission in the classroom.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Teaching degree or certificate in early childhood education
- Ability to develop lesson plans that meet educational standards
- Familiarity with classroom management skills
- Submit to a criminal background check upon hire
- Ability to plan, lead, and participate in activities, and lift up to 50 pounds
- At least three years’ prior experience in preschool classroom