Use this professional created Logistics Coordinator job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Companies in the transportation industry often hire a logistic coordinator to coordinate shipments and analyze trends in the supply chain. This supply chain begins with the acquisition of a product and follows the product as it is distributed, allocated to certain areas and delivered to its final destination.
The position of a logistic coordinator is fast-paced, and these professionals must be used to working this type of environment. Companies who wish to hire a reliable logistics coordinator should include a comprehensive logistics coordinator job description for the position.
In addition to being well organized and punctual, logistics coordinators must understand how to read statistical data and follow national and local delivery trends in order to make the best decisions for the company.
Logistics Coordinator Job Description Template
Are you a born problem-solver seeking a challenging job in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for a talented logistics coordinator to join our team and provide creative and efficient transportation solutions for internal and external customers. You will get the chance to work with numerous departments as well as multiple clients and carriers, ensuring that all import and export traffic gets delivered on time in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible. We rely on every member of our team to provide a high level of dedication to customer service, and in return, we offer excellent pay and benefits as well as a solid commitment to help you build your career.
- Assess and resolve issues relating to transportation, customer problems, import and export, and logistics systems.
- Maintain detailed and accurate logistics data for daily, weekly, and quarterly reports including usage metrics, customer issues and resolutions, training records, work logs, and schedule documentation.
- Communicate with various other departments as needed to create comprehensive schedules for business processes such as sales appointments, shipping, and accounting tasks.
- Provide comprehensive logistical support daily for both inbound and outbound shipments, including verifying safety procedures and overseeing quality assurance.
- Work to improve the logistics process by negotiating with suppliers and customers, increasing efficiency, reducing unnecessary steps, and creating innovative solutions for logistical issues.
- Analyze the financial impact of logistical processes and proposed changes to determine maximum efficiency in terms of routing, transportation modes, and resources while continuing to meet customer requirements.
- Create policies, safety procedures, risk management programs, and supply chain processes as needed to increase logistical efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Ensure carriers, shipping and receiving personnel, and other logistical areas comply with safety standards and legal requirements.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar field
- Ability to work independently, including making decisions affecting company resources
- Excellent problem-solving abilities along with oral and written communication skills
- Experience with scheduling and organizational software programs