Use this professional created merchandiser job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Merchandisers oversee the purchasing, ordering, and receiving of retail inventories. They set appropriate prices as merchandise arrives and then arrange it attractively within the store. They also develop strategies for optimizing store profits.
Due to the wealth of information that they must track and manage, merchandisers should have a strong command of computer programs like Adobe and Microsoft Office Suite. They must also be highly organized to keep their inventories appropriately stocked at all times.
In addition to these hard skills, merchandisers should also have good instincts about how to purchase and display merchandise in order to make it attractive to consumers. Your merchandiser job description should emphasize the importance of self-motivation, since this position requires the ability to develop effective plans and complete each step without supervision.
merchandiser Job Description Template
Are you on the hunt for a fulfilling job with a respected company that values your skillset? As a self-driven merchandiser who puts pride into you work, you will fit right in with our corporate culture of excellence. Become an exemplar in the retail sales field by utilizing your skills to ensure that the right products are displayed in the most appealing way possible. Your unique abilities to make product displays attractive and accessible to our customers will make you a valued and integral part of our customer-oriented team. Take advantage of this rare opportunity to become a key player for a company that offers superior training and competitive pay rates.
- Ensure that newly-arriving products are quickly accepted and arranged promptly and attractively on store shelves.
- Perform basic duties in relation to new and existing merchandise, including price changes, tagging, ad set and shelfing arrangements.
- Check in shuttles, truck shipments, and drop shipments in a prompt and professional manner, ensuring that all paperwork is properly filled out and that all arriving products have a place to go either on the floor or in the warehouse.
- Monitor check-out lines to make sure they do not get too long and that additional cashiers are called to the front when necessary.
- Field customer questions and help resolve them whenever possible, including finding the appropriate personnel if you do not readily know the answer to a customer question or request.
- Complete all required training and certification programs as indicated by management.
- Meet with peers and management on a weekly basis to discuss suggested changes in store schematics and displays.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Computer skills, including familiarity with Word, Outlook, Excel, and Adobe
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Ability to pass a standard drug screening and background check
- Strong self-management skills
- High school diploma or equivalent job-related experience
- Bilingual skills