Use this professional created Landscaper job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
A landscaper is responsible for ensuring that an outdoor space is properly designed and cared for. They often trim, mow, or prune greenery; remove weeds and dead material; and nourish plants by mulching, aerating, fertilizing, and watering. They may also be responsible for planting new flowers, grass, shrubs, bushes, or trees. They may also be responsible for placing statues, stones, lawn ornaments, and other decorative items for maximum aesthetic appeal. In some cases, they may work closely with designers or architects to create a beautiful landscape.
Landscaping does not require extensive formal education, although training is generally required to ensure that workers can handle a wide variety of tools. For this reason, some landscaper job descriptions request candidates with prior experience.
Often, landscaping applicants are expected to have excellent customer service skills and good attention to detail. An understanding of landscape design is a plus.
Landscaper Job Description Template
We pride ourselves on creating the best yards and lawns for our clients using topnotch landscaping designs, and with you as a dedicated landscaper on our team, we will continue to provide high-quality service. You will have the opportunity to use your creativity as you assist in bringing landscaping designs to life through planting, trimming and mowing, while also strategically placing lawn décor. You will nurture lawns and plants for our clients through watering, feeding and other necessary tasks to keep them healthy and looking great. Foster team unity as you work together to build new lawns and manage existing ones while also interacting with clients and using your excellent customer service skills to keep them happy.
- Care for lawns and plants using a variety of tools, including rakes, saws, shovels, trimmers, axes and pruning saws, to ensure they remain aesthetically pleasing.
- Mow the grass using edgers and mowers, keeping it at an optimal height.
- Keep plants and flowers healthy by pruning and trimming trees and shrubs and weeding, mulching and aerating.
- Plant new grass and foliage following planned designs to create the yard as prescribed by the client and/or landscape designer.
- Fertilize the lawns and plants and apply any herbicides or pesticides to keep the foliage healthy and thriving.
- Monitor the sprinkler system to ensure it regularly waters the lawns and reset it as necessary, as well as water by hand when needed to maintain the health of the plants.
- Keep flower beds and garden areas clean by picking up any dead branches and flowers as well as trimming or picking the plants as needed.
- Assist in placing decorative rocks, stones, statues and other items around the lawn to facilitate the completion of the overall aesthetic look.
Jobs Skills & Qualifications
- 1+ years of experience as a landscaper, groundskeeper or similar occupation
- Detail orientated
- Valid driver’s license and clean background check
- First-rate customer service skills
- Proficient in English
- Excellent verbal and communication skills