Use this professional created Production Intern job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Production interns are college students seeking credit for an experience on a film or television set. They perform a variety of duties in a film, television or media project, such as working in the production office performing administrative duties, or working on set with a filming crew as a support person for various tasks. In some cases, production interns run errands for the crew and talent on a project.
The main requirement that should be listed in your production intern job description is that the candidate is currently enrolled in a degree program. The potential production intern should also be flexible and have a strong interest in the industry.
Likewise, production interns are best suited to the work if they have strong organizational skills. The ability to solve unique problems is key in this role as well. Communication skills are another plus for a successful production intern.
Production Intern Job Description Template
Do you have a dream to work in media production once you graduate from university? Join our team as a production intern and put your creative skills to work as you work in multiple areas of the production process. You will exercise your multitasking abilities as you assist in developing ideas, filming pieces and editing takes by performing any task required, whether it is handling the lighting, conducting research or running errands. You will have the opportunity to build relationships in the industry to strengthen your chances of finding employment upon graduation while also having an amazing experience as part of our production staff. Employ your organizational skills as you coordinate different aspects of the production to ensure that all aspects remain on time.
- Assist production staff in developing relevant stories for television, film, online streaming and other platforms.
- Research topics using a variety of sources, including video archives, the internet, library archives and others as needed.
- Communicate with writers, directors, managers and other members of staff to ensure a smooth running of the project.
- Support staff by answering phones, taking detailed notes during meetings, inputting data into the computer and performing other tasks as required.
- Run errands such as purchasing supplies, props, equipment, food and other necessary items for the project.
- Produce and edit video content that adhere to company guidelines and standards to share on online channels, including social media and YouTube.
- Provide assistance as needed in all components of the production, including sound, lighting, camera, editing and postproduction.
- Perform other duties as requested by staff to ensure all necessary tasks are performed in a proficient manner that adheres to the quality expected from the company.
Jobs Skills & Qualifications
- Enrolled in accredited college or university with ability to receive credit
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Pro CC
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Working knowledge of social media channels
- Strong organizational skills