Use this professional created Assistant Director job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Assistant directors work alongside directors to assist in facilitating business goals. They often work with visitors, staff, department heads and directors. Specific responsibilities include supporting all sectors through recruitment, calendar management, budget review, payroll calculations and, when required, serving in the director’s place.
Because of the wide range of duties involved, both education and experience are important. Your assistant director job description should address the level of education, generally a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, and the amount of previous relevant experience you require with three years being standard.
As an assistant director, one must have certain specific skills and aptitudes. Chief among these are problem solving ability and self-motivation as much of the director’s work is delegated to the assistant. To accomplish this work efficiently and effectively computer literacy and knowledge of basic software programs is a must.
Assistant Director Job Description Template
Are you exceptionally detail-oriented with a proven track record of productivity, customer service, and problem solving? We have an immediate need for an assistant director to work side-by-side with executives to oversee and facilitate multiple elements of our company and provide innovative suggestions and plans to ensure success. You will have the chance to work with numerous department heads and the board of directors as well as interact directly with visitors and staff on a daily basis. We expect dedication and high-quality work from our employees and provide competitive pay, benefits, and rewards for exceptional results. If you are ready for a challenging and fast-paced job with opportunities for advancement and career development, contact us with your application.
- Assist director with all daily tasks according to schedule and priorities, including reviewing financial statements, measuring productivity, discussing goals and achievements, and determining overall success strategy.
- Help coordinate inter-departmental coordination as needed to increase efficiency, improve morale, eliminate redundancies, and ensure achievement of the corporate vision.
- Provide support for daily activities in all sectors including reviewing budgets, approving acquisition requests, leading recruitment efforts, managing calendars, tracking expenses, and facilitating payroll.
- Greet visitors, answer questions, arrange meetings, lead tours, and perform other daily customer service tasks to ensure corporate values are upheld while keeping the director’s schedule free for required appointments.
- Manage financial activities together with the director according to quarterly schedules, including reviewing budgets, approving expenses, distributing funds, researching investment opportunities, planning fundraising events, and establishing monetary goals.
- Perform general office duties daily including reading mail and email, making and receiving phone calls, filing documents, managing database systems, and overseeing office activities.
- Serve as acting director when required, including providing signature authority, establishing office protocol, resolving issues with staff or customers, and overseeing programs and activities.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, plus minimum three years relevant work experience
- Leadership experience and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with ability to problem solve and make decisions independently
- General computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and PeopleSoft
- Master’s degree