When applying for a job, sending a cover letter with your resume is an excellent way to give yourself an advantage with hiring managers and possible employers. Use our housekeeper cover letter example and writing tips to help you create your own version that shows who you are and why you are the best candidate for the position.
- Do make the cover letter short, keeping it to one page. This cover letter example is only half a page, which is preferred by most employers.
- Don’t repeat your resume in the cover letter. Instead, use it to provide details you may not include in a resume. For instance, the applicant mentions being physically fit, self-directed, and having a good eye for detail as positive qualities to consider for the housekeeping job.
- Do emphasize the skills and strengths you have. The applicant mentions being able to clean rooms and common areas while keeping a friendly demeanor.
- Don’t use the same cover letter for each job you apply for. Each cover letter should be customized to show how enthusiastic you are about the position. The applicant is specific, mentioning the hotel’s name and referring to the open housekeeping position.
Looking for a position as as housekeeper in a hotel or motel? You should have a professional cover letter. The cover letter examples we’ve compiled below can help you get started. Choose from a range of templates and designs, and use these cover letter examples to customize your own job-winning housekeeper cover letter now. Get started today and win the job sooner!
Cover Letter Tips for Housekeeper
The following information can help you design a cover letter that can get any hiring managers attention. Even if a job is not openly advertised, companies still need employees. Here are five tips to creating a very effective cover letter:
1. Determine what You are Good At. If you have a passion for something in particular, use it to help you look for work. Many people have turned hobbies and personal interests into a career by pursuing what interests them most or what they are good at. Focus on what you like to do and design your cover letter around things that interest you.
2. Be SpecificMake sure your cover letter does not wander all over the place. An effective cover letter should be well laid out and be organized.
3. Be Goal Oriented. You will impress any potential employer by having a plan and knowing what you want to do. Employees who have a plan for their life have a greater chance of getting hired because employers see them as goal oriented, meaning they can be trusted to carry out tasks.
4. If you were Boss. If you were the boss, what would you look for on a cover letter that would make you hire someone. Design your cover letter around the things that matter in getting the interview. Make your cover letter stand out to employers.
5. Focus on DetailsYou need to check your cover letter over for any mistakes or errors. A sloppy cover letter can make you look disorganized and that you don’t care about your work.
Housekeeper Job Seeking Tips
When you are looking for work as a Housekeeper or anywhere else, pay attention to the small details and create a more effective job search by including some simple steps. Here are five easy tips that will help you create an effective job search.
1. Learn the Art of NetworkingNever neglect the people around you as possible leads to a job. You never know who family members or friends will come into contact with each day that just might be looking for someone like you to hire. Tell your friends and family about your plans and what you are looking for in a job opportunity.
2. Update your SkillsTemp agencies and unemployment offices offer free classes in computer programs that can help increase your skills.
3. Have a Plan. Create a plan to measure the success of your job search.
4. Know your Job By learning about the job that you are applying for before going into the interview, you can improve your chances of getting the job. It will impress the employer when they see you have taken the time to learn the job.
5. Mock InterviewHave a friend or family member conduct a mock interview with you to remove any nervousness.