Table of Contents
A set of well-designed builder resume samples can help you to create the foundation to a strong career information package. You will also need to look for cover letter templates and other helpful information to help you develop an effective resume package that will get your resume seen by plenty of interested hiring managers.
What to Include in a Builder Resume
- Professional Skills
- Professional Certifications and Accreditations
- Special Industry Experience
A section such as Special Industry Experience can be used to indicate your ability to work with special building materials, or your experience in using environmentally-friendly building methods. When you format your builder resume, you should use a chronological format to help the hiring manager to be able scan your resume quickly, but still get all of the details they need to make a decision.
How to Write the Builder Resume Summary Statement
How to Write the Builder Education Section
How to Write the Builder Work Experience Section
Action Verbs to Include in Your Builder Work Experience Section
How to Write the Builder Skills Section
Should I Include References in my Builder Resume
Builder Resume Fails: Mistakes to Avoid
- The need for customizing your builder resume has been mentioned several times already, but it bears repeating. You should never submit a generic builder resume to a hiring manager. You need to put in the extra effort to create a customized resume that will highlight the skills the hiring manager needs to see.
- When you list equipment and places you have worked on your builder resume, it is not uncommon for those names to have unusual spellings. Prior to finalizing your builders resume, make sure all of those names are spelled correctly. Do not make the mistake of sending out a resume that does not accurately represent your background.
- Do not make the mistake of forgetting to include all of your industry certifications on your builder resume. A hiring manager may have a special project in mind and you would be a great fit if you only included all of your licenses and certifications. Do not limit your opportunities by forgetting to list all of your qualifications.
- A common mistake people make on their builder resumes is to forget to include all of their contact information. Your resume should include a phone number where you can be reached, your physical address and your email address. Your email address should be something that looks professional and not an address such as email@example.com.
Job Prospects in the Builder Industry
- With the economy improving, the need for builders is increasing. The Bureau of Labor Statistics puts the job growth for construction laborers and helpers at 25 percent from 2012 to 2022. All of the associated builder industries will experience similar growth as more people have the money they need to initiate their building projects.
- An area of considerable growth to consider is the green construction industry that deals with environmentally-friendly construction methods and materials. The BLS estimates that the number of workers engaged exclusively in green construction work rose from one million in 2008 to 3.3 million in 2013. With state and federal agencies awarding more green construction contracts as the years go by, this field looks to be a significant area of growth.
Builder Resume Samples by Job Title