Wind Turbine Technician Resume Objective
Wind turbine technicians are specialized workers whose duties involve installing, repairing, and maintaining wind turbines. They often work outdoors at great heights, since their specialization focuses less on the overall structural construction of the turbine and more on the mechanical function of the actual energy-producing mechanics inside the turbine. As wind power becomes a larger and larger part of energy production around the world, opportunities in this field continue to grow at a rate that outpaces most other energy sector jobs.
What the Wind Turbine Technician Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Becoming a wind turbine technician involves technical schooling that serves as a benchmark of competence for all the professionals working in this field, and your resume will show that. Trust your prospective employers to feel the same way, and move past discussing any training or background education in your objective. Instead, look for specific details in the job posting that show you what the employer’s general outlook and orientation to the field will be, and try to demonstrate the ways that you will fit in with those needs. That includes paying attention to whether the job involves mostly installation, maintenance, or repair, as well as to any statements made about auxiliary duties like travel, management, and so forth.
Sample Wind Turbine Technician Resume Objectives
1. Wind turbine technician with prior experience in cellular tower repair seeks an entry-level position constructing and installing new turbines for large-scale wind farm installations.
2. Experienced wind turbine technician looking for a position with a local company that will make use of prior training and field experience on California wind farms to bring large-scale wind power to underserved areas of the Midwest.
3. Detail-oriented technician searching for a position in wind turbine maintenance and repair with an organization whose established installations need regular attention to maintain production quotas and efficiency.
4. Professional wind turbine technician with excellent communication skills seeks a position traveling to repair turbines affected by severe weather events.
5. Wind turbine technician with supervisory experience and ten years on the job seeks to lead a team of innovators on large-scale installation projects.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.