Summer Camp Counselor Resume Objective
Summer camp counselors are responsible for teaching and entertaining campers while also maintaining a safe and constructive environment. Given the varied demands of this job, a strong objective is essential for anyone seeking employment as a summer camp counselor. The objective statement is the first and potentially most important part of a resume. It’s crucial to make sure that yours convinces prospective employers that you are the right choice for the job.
What the Summer Camp Counselor Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Summer camp counselors must have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, since they typically teach classes, put on special events, enforce camp rules and deal with issues that arise between campers. Counselors also typically need knowledge of sports or recreational activities, such as archery or horseback riding, to lead classes. Some employers also require counselors to have specialized skills, such as formal first aid training. A strong objective should emphasize your practical skills as well as your commitment to providing an outstanding experience for campers.
Sample Summer Camp Counselor Resume Objectives
When you write your objective statement, always remember to use the name of the camp or other organization that you are applying to work at. This shows that you took the time to create a tailored resume and that you truly are interested in securing a position with the employer. Try using the following resume objective examples as guidelines when writing your own:
1. Individual with five seasons of experience seeks to improve safety and enjoyment at ABC camp while working as a summer camp counselor.
2. Looking for a summer camp counselor position at ABC camp that requires experience climbing and working with children.
3. Seeking a summer camp counselor position at ABC camp in which knowledge of swimming, fishing and kayaking can be utilized.
4. Looking for employment at ABC camp as a summer camp counselor specializing in teaching photography, painting and other arts.
5. Professional seeks summer camp counselor position in which wilderness survival skills can be used to educate teenagers at ABC camp.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.