Security Officer Resume Objectives
Security officers work in a variety of sectors and are responsible for securing and protecting the premises, property and people for an organization. They can be stationed as mobile units, on foot or at a desk or security station to oversee the activity in their assigned areas. Security guards may oversee a specific area or several areas to improve the safety of an organization’s daily operations. Assess your skills and experience and use them to develop a clear objective for your resume.
What The Security Officer Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Security officers watch the premises for illegal activities, access, and dangerous behaviors or situations and respond accordingly to keep dangerous or hazardous situations from escalating. They are often the first line of contact for an organization and their customers. Security officers must enforce the rules and regulations of the organization to prevent unlawful, suspicious and unsafe activities. They must also be able to recall and report events in a clear and factual manner. When putting your resume together for this position, be sure to showcase your observational, analytical, communication and problem-solving skills to get the employer’s attention.
Sample Security Officer Resume Objectives
Your resume objectives should include your level of expertise, skills and address the hiring company by name to make your resume more effective. Sample resume objectives you can use include:
1. Highly observant and vigilant individual seeking rewarding security officer position with ABC company to utilize 18 years of crime prevention experience.
2. Looking for senior level security officer position with ABC company to utilize superior leadership and management skills with extensive knowledge of security and safety protocols.
3. Hardworking individual seeking entry level security officer employment with ABC company to preserve order and enforce regulations to create and maintain a safe environment.
4. Highly experienced security professional with 7 years of regulation enforcement experience looking for a mid-level security officer position with ABC company.
5. Hardworking professional with exceptional judgment, analytical and observation skills seeking a security officer with career advancement opportunities with ABC company.
Skills To Put in a Security Officer Resume Objective Statement
Especially in the security industry, it is important to include your best skills in your objective statement. A hiring manager needs to know you have what it takes to fulfill this demanding position. It also demonstrates you have the self-confidence to be successful in a security officer role.
When listing your skills, be sure to mention any you have that the job posting describes. Using keywords from the job description in your objective statement shows you are the type of candidate the company is looking for. Along with the job-specific qualifications you possess, mention some relevant soft skills to show you would bring personality and professionalism to the job.
Look through these skills as you craft your security officer resume objective statement:
- Proven track record of reliability and trustworthiness
- Certified self-defense trainer
- Polite and approachable demeanor in addition to firm and authoritative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to follow detailed and complex instructions
- Experience using surveillance equipment including cameras, security systems, and wands
- Able to be objective and follow company procedures during intense situations
- Completed courses in safety management
- Knowledge of how to fill out reports and paperwork on incidents
- Professional attitude and demonstrated emotional control in extreme circumstances
- Superior judgment when making difficult decisions or assessing a dangerous situation
- Always alert and aware of the surroundings
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.