Pharmacy Technician Resume Objective
A pharmacy technician’s core responsibilities revolve around filling prescriptions for customers, including the mixing, measurement, counting, and recording of prescribed quantities and dosage levels. It is very similar to traditional retail positions in that it demands the ability to communicate with the general public to provide assistance while working at the direction of a supervisor, in this case a pharmacist.
What The Pharmacy Technician Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Employers focus keenly on your objective statements, so ensure that they are clear, concise, and highlight your most pertinent qualifications. Previous experience working in pharmacies is always desirable, as is a commitment to accuracy and detail. The ability to communicate clearly is important for assisting pharmacy customers and comprehension skills are crucial for verifying accuracy of prescriptions. Comfort and familiarity with relevant computer systems can be of benefit to an employer, as can an inclination toward mathematics and critical thinking. Lastly, make mention of any medical training or education which would assist you in this type of position.
Sample Pharmacy Technician Resume Objectives
As one of the most focal points on your resume, your objectives must not only clearly state why you are a viable candidate for the job, but must also display a genuine interest in working with the specific company to which you are applying. Always mention the company’s name in describing your objectives.
1. Motivated individual seeks to obtain a role at ABC Company which will allow the utilization of customer service skills and strong attention to detail.
2. Organized and ambitious individual searching for a pharmacy technician role with ABC Company which will draw on strong mathematical skills and broad knowledge of computers and technology.
3. Seeking to obtain a challenging new role at ABC Company as a pharmacy technician which will allow use of well-developed organizational and customer support skills.
4. Driven individual in search of a pharmacy technician role with ABC Company that will draw on a strong background in customer service and detailed clerical work.
5. Helpful, people-oriented individual seeks to attain pharmacy technician position at ABC Company which will utilize strong skills in time management and customer interaction.
Skills To Put in a Pharmacy Technician Resume Objective
Your qualifications represent the valuable information you need on your resume. This is why it’s important that you mention them in several areas, including the resume objective, skills, and job history sections. A skills-focused objective statement can persuade a recruiter that you are the perfect individual for the pharmacy technician position, even if you’re a first-time jobseeker or career changer.
When you’re figuring out which skill set to add, reference the employer’s job listing and focus on how your competencies fit the requirements. Additionally, peruse profiles for such workers on LinkedIn to gather key phrases. After compiling a list of related attributes, choose a strong combination of hard and soft skills. Here are some of the top pharmacy technician capabilities:
- Knowledgeable about processing insurance claims
- Proven ability to properly measure amounts of medication for prescriptions
- Experience compounding and mixing medications
- Familiar with operating automated dispensing equipment
- Current and valid certification as a PTCB pharmacy technician
- Excellent organizational skills
- Polite, courteous attitude
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations applicable to operating a pharmacy
- Background in improving work processes that increase customer satisfaction
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, physicians, and co-workers
- Proficiency in the use of applicable Windows-based computer software
- Thorough knowledge of pharmacy procedures
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.