Immigration Services Officer Resume Objective
An Immigration Services Officer works for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The officer is responsible for interviewing applicants and reviewing documents in order to assess whether an applicant can be awarded citizenship. When applying for this position, you can elevate your resume by listing an objective at the top. This objective should give specific information regarding your credibility for the job.
What the Immigration Services Officer Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
The best way to determine what your resume objective should be is to have a firm understanding of the requirements and duties for the job you’ve selected. Generally, Immigration Services Officers are responsible for evaluating and processing applications, as well as interviewing applicants and petitioners. The officer must have extensive knowledge of the rules and requirements for citizenship, and he or she should also possess strong discernment regarding individual assessment. The officer is also sometimes called upon to appear in court proceedings. When creating your resume objective, consider what makes you a unique candidate for the position.
Sample Immigration Services Officer Resume Objectives
Writing a resume objective can be difficult. It has the potential to either detract from or add to your existing resume. The objective isn’t a full sentence, but rather a carefully worded phrase that acts almost as a preview to the rest of the resume. Here are some examples that you can use for reference:
1. Obtain Immigration Services Officer position to assist USCIS in the processing of immigration applications at the ABC field office.
2. Immigration Services Officer with 10+ years experiencing looking for position at ABC field office in order to provide continued support in chosen field.
3. Multilingual individual with professional experience seeking position as Immigration Services Officer.
4. Former Navy Reserve Officer desiring position as Immigration Services Officer at ABC field office to further assist in a governmental capacity.
5. Seeking position with ABC field office as Immigration Services Officer to utilize background in communications and psychology.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.