Drug and Alcohol Counselor Resume Objectives
A drug and alcohol counselor may counsel with individuals, families and groups to help members understand the nature of addiction and aid in the process of recovery. Highlight your unique qualifications for this position in the objective statement of your resume. Most employers focus on this area first, and this initial impression should clearly convey your suitability for the position.
What the Drug and Alcohol Counselor Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Becoming a drug and alcohol counselor requires knowledge of substance abuse and successful treatment plans. It requires collaboration with other professionals and family members to assess the client’s needs and to develop, assess and modify individualized treatment plans. Counselors must keep accurate records and may be asked to administer drug-screening tests. They may be asked to intervene in crisis situations. Counselors may also create and present prevention programs to participants of all ages. Your resume should emphasize strong communication and interpersonal skills, a dedication to patient rehabilitation, an understanding of the importance of confidentiality and any special training or experience your possess.
Sample Drug and Alcohol Counselor Resume Objectives
Your objective statement should emphasize the expertise and experience that make you the best candidate for this job. Personalize your objective by including the name of your prospective employer to emphasize your desire to work for them.
1. Caring, reliable individual with strong communication skills and calming affect seeking a Drug and Alcohol Counselor position at ABC company.
2. Searching for a Drug and Alcohol Counselor position with ABC company to contribute 11+ years of experience conducting group therapy for cocaine and heroine abusers in a rehabilitation facility.
3. Looking for a Drug and Alcohol Counselor position with ABC company to apply experience in school counseling to program for teen drug offenders.
4. A former police officer with extensive experience in substance abuse seeks position as a Drug and Alcohol Counselor with ABC company to present community education programs centered around prevention.
5. Seeking employment as a Drug and Alcohol Counselor with ABC company to use experience assessing and creating treatment plans for new patients at a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.