Because new aircraft generally are expected to require less maintenance than older aircraft, competition for job openings will become increasingly fierce. Crafting a resume that accentuates your strengths over other those of applicants is important. As a starting point, if you hold an Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certificate, make sure it is easy to find on your resume; applicants with A&P certification are more likely to be chosen for interviews than applications without the certification. There’s no need to include high school education, though technical training and certifications are a must. Additionally, as specialized maintenance and new technologies play an increasingly important role in the servicing of new aircraft, make sure to include these and how you’ve used them as highlights in the experience section of you resume. See our aircraft mechanic resume example for other tips.
Aircraft Mechanic Advice
An aircraft mechanic is a skilled professional who needs technical knowledge, professional certifications, and a resume that clearly shows off your qualifications. Use the resume examples below to get a head start on building your own aircraft mechanic resume. Choose from multiple template options and edit the example you choose to fit your specific needs. Get started today and take the next step toward getting your aircraft mechanic career off the ground.
Select a resume template and customize
Resume Tips for Aircraft Mechanic
When you’re looking for jobs as a aircraft mechanic, you need to focus on strategies that help you show off your best talents and skills. Read the five tips below to help you when you are trying to find a new job.
1. Don’t try to do everything by yourself. Organizations out there can assist you in your job search. Whether it is help through your college’s job center, or it is filing for unemployment and utilizing community resources, you should take advantage of support systems.
2. Be prepared to give a list of up to three references to any future employer. Before you list anyone, make sure you choose people who can vouch for your accomplishments, and then let them know that they may be contacted for a reference.
3. Do a daily search through the major online job search engines. Create an account on each job search engine, so that you can get ideal listings sent to you as soon as they are published.
4. When applying for jobs as a aircraft mechanic, make sure your first contact or cover letter gets the company’s attention. Be sure that this first contact has been written specifically for the company and position in mind.
5. It might be a good idea to have a digital profile set up on your own website. There, you can upload examples of your best work if possible, and your resume.
Aircraft Mechanic Job Seeking Tips
Your resume is the first and sometimes the only thing that a hiring manager reads about you. You want to make sure that your resume doesn’t get you eliminated from contention for jobs as a aircraft mechanic.
1. Look for sample resumes on various websites or job search engine sites. Try to find specific resumes from people who have jobs as a aircraft mechanic industries. Emulate these exemplary resumes.
2. Make sure your basic information is placed at the top. Include your full name, mailing address, email address, phone number and web address.
3. You may be trying to apply for several different types of job. If so, create multiple versions of your resume, specific to each position.
4. Make sure you highlight your most valuable talents. If you don’t have a lot of job experience, talk about the things you learned in various experiences from school.
5. Because resumes are supposed to be concise, only include the most important information. Don’t include a list of all of your travels, your favorite movies or the things you do in your spare time.
No Experience Aircraft Mechanic Resume
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Aircraft Mechanic job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Aircraft Mechanic resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.