Keeping a hotel in tip-top shape is no easy feat, and your keen eye for cleanliness is paramount. You’ll have to use that same keen eye to make sure that your houseperson resume is error-free and written in a way that will grab employers’ attention. For one, your document will have to highlight not only your broad experience in housekeeping generally, but your ability to multi-task and relate to guests. A prospective employer will be looking for someone who is meticulous and can immediately identify any maintenance problems. In our houseperson resume example we’ve outlined the main sections you should include in your own resume to ensure your previous experience shines through.
The houseperson is responsible for maintaining the overall cleanliness of a hotel, including room laundry, restocking, keeping public areas clean, and more. The houseperson resume examples below are meant for you to use in drafting your own resume. Use the sample templates and text to get started, then adjust as necessary to personalize your resume. With these resume examples, creating a job-winning resume is a snap.
Resume Tips for Houseperson
Reading and researching tips before finding jobs as a houseperson is a great way to get started on landing the next big step in your career.
1. Take assessments: Whether you are jumping into another career field, coming out of college, or are sticking with the experience you have, taking skills assessment tests are always a good idea. These will give you a stronger or new sense of what you can provide employers.
2. Remember old and discover new contacts: If you have a long career, you probably have some names you could reconnect with. Also, take advantage of any networking events or schedule lunch dates with other professionals to give yourself an edge over other applicants.
3. Take advantage of informational interviews: Informational interviews are not job interviews, and should only be used to glean employment information from those already working in the field you want to enter. Make sure you remain polite and ask for as much detail as you can.
4. Research jobs and employers: Every day should be a new adventure in finding a job, which means new job opportunities and potential employers should be researched.
5. Utilize online job banks: Jobs seem to be almost everywhere, but there is a plethora of job banks on the Internet. Taking advantage of them is easy.
Houseperson Job Seeking Tips
A resume not only lists your experience and education, it represents you as a person to potential employers. It needs to be well-formatted, well-written, and empty of any mistakes to make the most of this first meeting. Follow these tips to get you started on finding jobs as a houseperson.
1. Don’t forget the bullet points: One of the most obvious things about a good resume is whether or not the writer used bullet points to organize information. This is noticeable without a word being read, so use them in sections where information is in list form, such as experience, skills, and accomplishments.
2. Use a fresh design: Most resume will look the same to employers, so you may want to try form your own using text blocks and header formatting in a word processor, making sure to steer clear of color for traditional jobs.
3. Avoid justified text: The general uniformity justified text brings may be tempting, but it can leave inconsistent spacing between words. Because of this, flush left format is the way to go.
4. Use interesting verbs: Work and responsible for are boring, especially for employers who have to read through hundreds of resumes. Choose varied active verbs to describe your duties instead.
5. Focus on accomplishments instead of duties: Important and skill-focused duties are important to list on a resume, but avoid listing general duties. Instead, opt for metric data, projects, or other accomplishments to shine above the rest.
No Experience Houseperson Resume
Want to use this resume?
House Cleaner Team Member No Experience Resume Tips
When you have no experience as a house cleaner team member, writing a resume for one of those jobs might seem impossible. Look at the volunteer work, jobs and education you have and how the work you did can help you on the job later. You can also get some help from our house cleaner team member no experience resume.
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Houseperson job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Houseperson resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
Summary: HIGHLIGHTED CAREER ACHIEVEMENTS *Winner of two Associated Press 1st place awards for writing and creativity *Winner of ...
Experience: 18 yrs 11 mo
Experience: 3 yrs 5 mo
Summary: To utilize my extensive knowledge of university instructional and program design & implementation and evaluation, a...
Experience: 18 yrs 9 mo
Experience: 36 yrs 9 mo