Substitute Teacher Resume Objectives
The position of substitute teacher is important because there are times when a full-time teacher is unavailable to teach a class. It requires a certain set of skills that should be highlighted in your resume. An objective is one of the most important parts of your resume as it is what will be read first. Make sure you highlight any skills that will increase your chances of getting hired.
What The Substitute Teacher Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
A substitute teacher will be exposed to a variety of different classroom environments and needs the ability to adapt well to these situations. Your objective should state this as well as your education, skills, and expertise in certain subjects. It is also a good idea to state your goals and share what you have to offer a school. You may consider highlighting abilities such as teaching large groups of children, offering extra individual student support, and maintaining composure in stressful situations. In addition, you might discuss your calm and cheerful temperament so that employers know that you will be an asset to their students and their school.
Sample Substitute Teacher Resume Objectives
When giving your resume to a school, be sure that the school name is mentioned in your objective. This will catch the employer’s eye and let them know that you are a serious candidate.
1. Seeking position as a Substitute Teacher with a focus on mathematics at ABC School to use 10 years of experience in a teaching environment.
2. Looking to work at ABC School as a Substitute Teacher to contribute five years of experience instructing students while maintaining positivity in the learning environment.
3. Searching for a Substitute Teacher position with ABC School to build upon 10 years of teaching experience to offer a positive learning experience for children.
4. Obtain a position as a Substitute Teacher for ABC School using 10+ years of experience in language arts education.
5. A cheerful and positive individual seeking a job as a Substitute Teacher at ABC School to help children enjoy and succeed in their educational experience.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Patient personality, effective communication skills (English and Spanish). Exceptional ability to work calmly in a stressful situation, able to interact with children in a positive manner, supervis...
Experience: 6 yrs 2 mo
Qualified Computer Science graduate and emerging professional devoted to building industry career and working with top-notch professionals. Confident multitasker skilled in managing permissions, fi...
Experience: 1 yrs 2 mo
Passionate Teacher with experience developing and implementing diverse curriculums covering wide range of subjects. Highly skilled at motivating students through positive encouragement and reinforc...
Experience: 3 yrs 8 mo
Dedicated to leading and managing administrative teams to accomplish development and operational goals.
Recognized consistently for performance excellence and contributions to success in var...
Experience: 17 yrs 6 mo
Professional, diligent and meticulous individual looking for a new challenge and ready to advance professionally. Driven to provide unparalleled support to internal and external stakeholders by lev...
Experience: 11 yrs 5 mo