The job of a community health worker revolves around promoting healthy living within a segment of the population. Specific duties often include communicating with members of the community to determine needs, helping to link families and individuals with required services, providing instruction and education, and acting as an advocate for underserved populations. An impactful objective statement is necessary to detail your relevant skills and qualities in addition to your applicable education and work experience.
What The Community Health Worker Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Although requirements vary by employer, it’s recommended that you describe your educational background with regard to healthcare. Previous work performed in the field can also be beneficial to note. Consider detailing general qualities such as written and verbal communication skills, ability to manage multiple responsibilities, and comfort working with persons who are ill or in distress. Compassion, time management skills, and a desire to contribute to one’s community are all attributes that can appeal to hiring managers as well.
Sample Community Health Worker Resume Objectives
Make sure to use your objective statement to highlight your most notable skills and knowledge but don’t forget to convey genuine interest in working for the employer you’re applying to. Cite the organization by name to reaffirm your commitment.
1. Obtain community health worker position with ABC Organization to apply compassion, community interest, and two years of work experience in clinical settings.
2. Experienced community health worker seeking opportunity at ABC Organization that will benefit from outstanding communication and time management skills plus a desire to assist those in need.
3. Nurse in training seeking community health worker position at ABC Organization to utilize ongoing education for the benefit of at-risk members of the community.
4. Seeking community health worker position at ABC Organization to employ refined communication skills in English and Spanish, demonstrated ability to multitask, and desire to help others lead better lives.
5. Community health worker seeking employment opportunity with ABC Organization that will allow utilization of developed organizational skills, good attention to detail, and three years of experience serving the community.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Caring Community Health Worker looking to bring 15 years' experience in the field to a challenging new role. Focused on assisting community members with close support and vital education....
11 yrs 3 mo
Versed in available resources with skill in supporting individuals navigating healthcare programs. Positive, upbeat and friendly with good relationship-building and conflict resolution skills. Dedicat...
8 yrs 2 mo
Experienced Project Leader with a demonstrated history of working in the individual and family services industry. Skilled in Leadership, Management, Data Analysis, Research, Community Outreach, and L...
3 yrs 3 mo