A physical security specialist may work in a variety of industries to protect and secure sensitive locations. General duties often include securing entrances, verifying the credentials of visitors, maintaining sign-in logs, and physically removing unauthorized persons. Workers are often entrusted with maintaining keys and security systems throughout a building or complex. Educational requirements vary by employer but many will request Physical Security Professional certification. A well-written objective statement is necessary to illustrate why you’re a good candidate for the position.
What The Physical Security Specialist Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Detail any previous work experience in the security or protection field and applicable training or education. Some employers seek a degree in computer science or electronics engineering when sophisticated security systems exist. It’s also a good idea to highlight general traits which might pertain to this type of work such as attention to detail, professional demeanor, and sound judgment. Other good qualities to discuss can include communication skills as well as the ability to work independently or within teams.
Sample Physical Security Specialist Resume Objectives
Your objective statement is an opportunity to detail your most notable skills and experience but it’s also a great chance to convey a genuine sense of interest in landing the job with that employer. Using the company’s name can reaffirm your commitment, a plus for many hiring managers.
1. Security specialist seeks employment opportunity with ABC Company to utilize three years of experience in physical security with a focus on professionalism and attention to detail.
2. Experienced physical security specialist seeks position at ABC Company to apply four years in the field, PSP certification, and demonstrated track record of effective performance.
3. Seeking physical security specialist position at ABC Company to utilize PSP certification, good observational skills, and the ability to work without supervision or in teams.
4. Physical security specialist seeks to continue career at ABC Company with the benefit of three years’ experience, strong knowledge of security and computer systems, and sharp focus on details.
5. Security expert with bachelor’s degree in computer science seeks employment with ABC Company to utilize two years of industry experience and comprehensive understanding of security systems and technology.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Physical Security Specialist @ Fleet Numerical Metrology Oceanography Center
Highly-motivated employee with desire to take on new challenges. Strong worth ethic, adaptability and exceptional interpersonal skills. Adept at working effectively unsupervised and quickly mastering ...
14 yrs 10 mo
Lead Physical Security Specialist @ Bonneville Power Administration
Dedicated security professional with history of meeting company goals utilizing consistent and organized practices. Skilled in working under pressure and adapting to new situations and challenges to b...
12 yrs 7 mo
Physical Security Specialist and GSA Locksmith @ Joint Task Force (JTF)
Experienced Law Enforcement Professional and Military Veteran with Top Secret Security Clearance and 22+ years of proven experience in the United States Army. Accomplished measurable results while lea...
11 yrs 5 mo
Physical Security Specialist @ Department Of Veteran Affairs
Astute Physical Security Specialist with 22 years of experience with infrastructure security processes and procedures for performing physical and personnel security monitoring, screening and reporting...
22 yrs 10 mo
Physical Security Specialist @ United States Army
Team-oriented Military Policeman with more than 20 years in government security, law enforcement and security management. Dependable, conscientious and personable. A dedicated people person which make...
11 yrs 8 mo
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.