Housekeeper Resume Objective
Housekeepers are essential to the proper functioning of some individuals’ homes. Whether you are applying directly to a homeowner or to an agency, having a well-crafted objective is critical. This statement helps to sum up your experience and, as such, is a key concentration of many employers. In fact, the objective is the only thing that some employers will fully read on a resume.
What The Housekeeper Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
The housekeeper resume objective should highlight the main skills that you possess and will utilize in the position. Some of the key characteristics that housekeepers must display include organization, attention to detail, customer service, and administration in some cases. These individuals should also be trustworthy and show initiative. If you are applying to an agency, it might be beneficial to show a desire for growth within the company. Whatever you choose to mention, be sure that it corresponds with the requirements and requested skills from the job listing for the opportunity.
Sample Housekeeper Resume Objectives
Here are some examples of housekeeper resume objectives. Notice the descriptive language that is used, as well as how the position and company are mentioned or alluded to. These aspects are important to incorporate in order to develop a quality objective.
1. Trustworthy housekeeper with extensive experience seeks housekeeping position with ABC Company to contribute quick and effective cleaning practices.
2. Looking to advance within ABC Company as a housekeeper to continue to employ effective household cleaning tactics while also utilizing strong administrative and organizational skills.
3. Customer-oriented professional desires opportunity to apply expedient cleaning skills and strong communicative abilities in a housekeeper position with ABC Company.
4. Self-motivated student looks for opportunity to utilize hard work ethic, friendly demeanor, and organizational skills in a housekeeper position with a reputable cleaning agency.
5. Successful housekeeping professional with over X years of specialized cleaning experience and excellent relational and organizational skills seeks independent cleaning contract.
Skills To Put in a Housekeeper Resume Objective
Your resume objective statement should include information about your experiences, skills, and education. Many job seekers fail to properly emphasize their skills and abilities, however. Placing your core qualifications at the beginning of your resume captures the reader’s attention, so tell the hiring manager what makes you a good fit.
Each employer has different expectations for the skills of the candidate they choose to hire. So, how can you appeal to each individually? The secret is to review the job description carefully and then alter your resume objective accordingly, even if only slightly. Most employers will mention some of the skills they prioritize in this initial post. Remember there are two types of skills, hard skills and soft skills, and that you should include both. Both concrete and behavioral abilities are important.
Learn how to create a housekeeper resume by reviewing these skills:
- Highly developed organizational abilities
- Extensive background in cleaning professions
- Excellent physical stamina, perseverance, and manual dexterity
- Experience operating all standard cleaning devices
- Strong time management skills and workplace punctuality
- Intuitive problem-solving abilities, including momentary decision making
- Experience handling multiple emergency situations
- Extensive knowledge of cleaning materials, appropriate uses, potential of hazardous materials, and safe applications
- Self-directed and motivated
- Numerical abilities
- Complete understanding of maintenance and repair processes
- Completely fluent in English and Spanish, and strong communication abilities
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.