Food Service Specialist Resume Objective
Food Service Specialists provide support to various organizations and departments that serve food and beverages. When writing your resume to apply for positions in this field, ensure that your statement accentuates your skills, experience, and knowledge pertaining to this industry. Potential employers will see the objective first, so it is important to catch their attention and summarize your qualifications clearly.
What the Food Service Specialist Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Food Service Specialists are responsible for several aspects of management within companies and work to coordinate, direct, and plan activities for organizations in this industry. Knowledge concerning production processes, expenses, quality control, and proper handling of raw materials is essential to this career. An objective statement for this position should include information on various practical experience, interpersonal and management skills, and other pertinent qualifications.
Sample Food Service Specialist Resume Objectives
Composing a clear and concise objective will help employers to recognize your value. Include the name of the company within the statement to illustrate a sincere desire to work for the establishment. Here are a few examples of well-formatted objective statements:
1. Qualified individual with 10+ years of experience in the hospitality industry seeking a Food Service Specialist position with ABC company that will utilize excellent service skills and coordination capabilities to benefit the company.
2. Seeking a Food Service Specialist position with ABC company that will allow application of knowledge pertaining to quality control, customer satisfaction, and distribution management.
3. Highly experienced professional with practical experience desiring a Food Service Specialist position with ABC company that will enable the application of exceptional food utilization, presentation, and quality.
4. Looking for employment as a Food Service Specialist with ABC company that will implement outstanding customer service skills and experience with successful client interaction.
5. Responsible and motivated individual searching for a Food Service Specialist position with ABC company that will employ the use of effective staff management methods and skills pertaining to guest satisfaction.
Skills To Put in a Food Service Specialist Resume Objective
When you’re writing your food service specialist resume, keep in mind that you only have a few seconds to impress a hiring manager. If the beginning of your document doesn’t hook the reader, you may never get an interview. Therefore, it’s vital that you include a list of your most relevant skills in the objective statement at the top of the page.
Check the job description’s requirements and preferred qualifications, and then emphasize where your skills match up with the specifications. In addition to knowledge of food safety, standard food-handling procedures, and inventory management, many of the desirable traits in this field are soft skills such as being team-oriented, focusing on customer service, having good communication skills, and being highly organized.
Some of the skills you should consider listing on your food service specialist resume include:
- ServSafe certification
- Inventory management, including first in, first out rotation and ordering
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Experience catering large events
- Eye for detail
- Ability to work well without supervision alone and as part of a team
- Experience supervising and training others in a food-service setting
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Good organization skills
- Efficient at managing time and resources in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working with the public
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.