Plumbing Engineer Resume Objective
Plumbing engineers are the professionals responsible for designing the plumbing systems for new buildings and outdoor facilities. They are solely concerned with the design and implementation, and not the ongoing repair or maintenance of those systems, and their purview includes finding the most direct and efficient way to deliver plumbing infrastructure to appropriate points around the building as well as the selection of proper materials and sizes.
What the Plumbing Engineer Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
This career field is a highly technical and very specific niche within engineering that requires a combination of architectural and structural design, as well as a solid understanding of the mechanics of liquid systems and waste disposal. Since this combination of skills is uncommon enough to stand out on its own, the objective should focus less on establishing what those skills are and more on fitting them into the employer’s stated needs. For instance, plumbing engineers handle both water and natural gas delivery systems, so showing your ability to apply experience with one kind of plumbing design to the other application might be necessary.
Sample Plumbing Engineer Resume Objectives
1. Seasoned plumbing engineer with experience designing home plumbing systems for new construction seeks a position in the commercial building trade that will provide new and challenging opportunities to design larger-scale water delivery systems.
2. Plumbing engineer with a strong background in fire suppression looking for employment with a company providing custom fire suppression systems that utilize a variety of strategies, including targeted water delivery, to maintain building integrity and safety.
3. Strong engineering candidate and journeyman plumber seeks an internship that will develop an existing skill set in maintenance and repair by combining those skills with engineering acumen to design new building systems from scratch.
4. Engineering manager focused on plumbing engineering for large commercial projects seeks a position leading a team of forward-thinking and technically-minded professionals dedicated to designing efficient and ecologically friendly plumbing systems.
5. Plumbing engineer with prior architectural experience searching for a position that will challenge existing notions of both interior design and engineering to produce beautiful indoor installations with fully functional waterworks.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.