Heavy equipment operators use excavators, backhoes, bulldozers and related machinery to build large structures or infrastructure. When you’re applying for this position, it’s important to clearly outline your experience and other credentials in your objective statement. This statement is the first part of your resume that employers notice, and it is the best place to succinctly explain why you would make the best hire.
What the Heavy Equipment Operator Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Heavy equipment operators must understand how to safely use, inspect and maintain complex mechanical equipment. They also must be able to assess each job to identify and execute the most effective approach. Your objective statement should discuss your experience in these areas and mention any training you have received in using heavy equipment or complying with industry regulations. You may also want to discuss any knowledge of specialized topics, such as earthmoving safety fundamentals, that will help you perform the duties of the position that you are seeking.
Sample Heavy Equipment Operator Resume Objectives
When you describe what you are looking for in a position or what you would contribute, don’t forget to include the name of the employer. Using a specific name in your objective shows that you have a strong interest in working for the company in question. Here are a few examples of ways to word and structure your objective statement:
1. Professional seeks to use six years of experience to operate dozers and excavators as a heavy equipment operator at ABC company.
2. Looking to improve safety during surface mining operations as a heavy equipment operator at ABC company.
3. Searching for a heavy equipment operator position at ABC company in which knowledge of backhoe operations and maintenance can be used to minimize injury and property damage.
4. Pursuing a heavy equipment operator position at ABC company that utilizes experience improving roads and transportation infrastructure.
5. Journeyman seeks heavy equipment operator position that requires safe, efficient use of graders and excavators with ABC firm.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Heavy Equipment Operator proficient in operating backhoes, excavators, dump trucks, off-road trucks and skip loaders. Dependable and hardworking team leader and collaborator with 4 years of constructi...
3 yrs 1 mo