An assistant pastry chef is responsible for a variety of day-to-day tasks from production and presentation to monitoring inventory and purchasing baking supplies. Workers in this position should be comfortable fulfilling duties of an executive pastry chef in his or her absence including completion of customer orders and providing leadership to staff. A good objective statement is needed to detail the experience and other qualifications which make you a quality candidate for this type of work.
What The Assistant Pastry Chef Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
It’s a good idea to highlight your creativity and resourcefulness when seeking a position as an assistant pastry chef, qualities which will likely be utilized on a regular basis. Discuss your training and professional experience, highlighting specialties or accomplishments such as catering large events. Those working in this role should be trained and in some cases certified in safe food handling practices, so make sure to detail these qualifications when applicable. Other general traits which are beneficial to describe include time management skills, good customer service instincts, and knowledge of marketing strategies.
Sample Assistant Pastry Chef Resume Objectives
Your objective statement should serve as an effective summary of your qualifications and knowledge while illustrating genuine interest in working with the company you’re applying to. Reference the business by name to show hiring managers that you’re focused and committed.
1. Seeking assistant pastry chef position at ABC Bakery to utilize three years of professional experience in fast-paced food service environments.
2. Experienced baker seeks assistant pastry chef role with ABC Bakery to apply energy, creativity, and customer-first attitude.
3. Upbeat individual seeks assistant pastry chef position at ABC Bakery that will benefit from two years of experience in baking and catering with a strong focus on customer satisfaction.
4. Creative baker seeks assistant pastry chef position with ABC Bakery to continue career advancement in a challenging and rewarding role which will benefit from good time management and interpersonal skills.
5. Assistant pastry chef seeking employment opportunity at ABC Bakery that will allow utilization of developed marketing technique, leadership instinct, and customer service skills.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.