Operations Manager Resume Objectives
Operations Managers oversee employees and activities across a variety of public and private sector organizations. Responsibilities vary by industry but can include the planning and coordination of daily operations, organizational policies, and human resources. Due to the broad range of potential tasks, it is important to highlight leadership abilities and specific skills to prospective employers in your objective statement. A focused introduction to your resume encourages hiring managers to continue reading and learn more about your qualifications.
What The Operations Manager Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Becoming a successful Operations Manager demands a working knowledge of personnel management, resource allocation, finance and accounting, and customer services. Your resume should show prospective employers that you are the best-qualified candidate by illustrating leadership capabilities, accounting knowledge, and experience with operations management. The right combination of skills establishes value to hiring managers and shows that you are a capable leader and problem-solver. Use your objective statement to highlight your talents and experiences.
Sample Operations Manager Resume Objectives
Include the name of the company in your objective statement to show prospective employers that you are serious about a job with their organization. Here are some examples of objective statements that can be tailored for your resume:
1. Organized, results-driven individual seeks position at ABC company as Operations Manager that allows for use of administrative, accounting, and leadership skills to positively contribute to the organization.
2. Looking to obtain position as Senior Operations Manager within ABC company that enables use of 10+ years of experience managing resource allocation, strategic planning, personnel recruitment, and financial analysis to support organizational growth.
3. Self-motivated, personable professional seeks position as Operations Manager with ABC company to grow client base by utilizing exceptional knowledge of financial management, strategic initiatives, customer relations, and leadership techniques.
4. Seeking position as Junior Operations Manager with ABC company that allows for career advancement through utilization of leadership, administrative and communication skills for mutual growth and success.
5. Obtain an Operations Manager position with ABC company that enables use of leadership skills in economics, strategic development, and quality standards.
Skills To Put in an Operations Manager Resume Objective
When you apply for an operations manager job, you could be competing against hundreds of jobseekers. The more you can prove to recruiters that you are the right candidate for the position, the better chance you have of outshining your competitors. A well-written resume objective can help you showcase your best skills.
You want to show the reader you have what it takes to oversee the daily operations of an organization. To do this, include relevant hard and soft skills in your objective statement. If you want to know which ones to add, refer to the employer’s job description. From there, pick the qualities that are in alignment with your expertise. Here are some important skills you should include in your operations manager resume objective:
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of budgeting, interpreting, and understanding financial statements
- Outstanding leadership abilities
- Accustomed to adapting to a fast-paced, changing environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite
- Adept at writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to identify and address performance-related issues
- Familiarity with how to plan, implement, and monitor KPIs
- Ensure proper training for employees to improve sales, marketing, and customer service skills
- Extensive experience implementing and managing operational plans
- Proficiency in preparing and controlling operational budget
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.