Wordpress Developer Resume Examples
WordPress developers work on and develop websites within the WordPress content management system. Used widely and becoming even more in-demand, as of 2020, 35% of the internet is powered by WordPress. This is a 2% increase compared to early 2019.
Thanks to the popularity of this system, these diverse roles can require many different skills, including programming expertise or having a user-friendly design sensibility. Whichever abilities you need to land the job you want, our WordPress developer resume example will show you how to display these skills on your own page as compellingly as possible..
OUR RECOMMENDED EXAMPLECustomize This Resume
Resume Success Stories
What is a Wordpress Developer ?
WordPress developers may work for media companies, marketing and advertising firms, graphic design agencies or other related fields. Contrary to popular belief, WordPress is not used only for blogs. For example, approximately 28% of all e-commerce websites go through WooCommerce, an e-commerce plugin for WordPress.
What Makes This a Great
Wordpress Developer Resume Example?
Our WordPress developer resume example is crafted by our team of certified resume writers. This ensures our examples are the perfect tools for showing you how to impress recruiters. Let’s take a look at some of the advantages our resume examples offer you.
- They’re professionally written: Our certified resume writers make sure our WordPress developer resume example includes keywords sought out by recruiters, such as “Hypertext preprocessor,” “Bootstrap” and “collaborator” in the example above. If you’d like extra expert help, our Resume Builder recommends even more of this pre-written text as it helps you customize your own page.
- They’ll help you select the best resume format: A resume’s format is a critical factor in its success, and which type you choose is mostly dependent on your level of experience. The above example uses a chronological format, which lays out the applicant’s vast experience in reverse-chronological order. For applicants with less or no experience, a combination or functional resume format is more likely to suit their needs.
- Demonstrates appropriate resume template use: Candidates should select resume templates that best reflect the industry in which they wish to work. This means the colorful example above would likely have been sent to a more modern or forward-thinking company, likely in tech or online media. Our Resume Builder provides a wide selection of templates to fit the style of any office.
3 Wordpress Developer Professional Summary Examples
The professional summary serves as the introduction of your resume and offers highlights of your education, experience and accomplishments. This is why our Resume Builder offers customizable summaries and helps you tailor them to any role.
Here are three examples of such summaries designed to catch a recruiter’s attention:
- WordPress developer with over a decade of experience coding and designing widgets and plugins. Experienced in search functionality integration and following e-commerce fundamentals. Possess technical expertise essential to the successful launch of nine profitable web pages.
- Dedicated WordPress developer with seven years of experience building websites within WordPress CMS. Iterate upon plugins based on user behavior and page traffic with average CTR increase of 29%. Managed projects independently and as part of a team.
- Passionate WordPress developer adept in collaborating across multiple development teams. Created custom themes for 22 high-traffic WordPress sites. Expert in developing debugging tools and troubleshooting.
3 Wordpress Developer Work Experience Examples
Our WordPress developer resume example illustrates how to describe your work experience in a way that communicates your unique contributions. We’ll show you how to make the most of your accomplishments and responsibilities.
Have a look at three work experience examples our builder might recommend:
- Executed all plugin development on a family of six WordPress websites; ensured efficient site maintenance via BitBucket version control.
- Translated design specifications into functional interfaces and enhanced site functionality through the integration of three new widgets.
- Interviewed clients to assess technical needs and guarantee timely delivery; 90% of projects remained under budget and saw early asset delivery of at least one week.
Top Skills for Your Wordpress Developer Resume
Modern resumes need to be optimized to pass through applicant tracking software, then stand out from the other remaining candidates. Our Resume Builder guides you to craft a resume that utilizes the kinds of keywords these programs look for.
Below are some of the hard and soft skills we might recommend for a WordPress developer resume.
- Enforcing W3C standards
- Coding in PHP
- Agile software development
- Debugging and regression testing
Building Your Wordpress Developer Resume with Our Builder:
Select a Resume Template
Choose Pre-Written Phrases
Download, Print and Apply
Wordpress Developer FAQs
- How is WordPress developer different from front-end developers?
- What are the professional qualifications of a WordPress developer?
- Should I mention certifications on my resume?
How is WordPress developer different from front-end developers?
A WordPress developer efficiently operates the backend of the CMS and is proficient in PHP programming, customizing plugins and themes, and integrating databases. A front-end developer, on the other hand, deals with the look and feel of the application from a user’s perspective. They are efficient in front-end programming languages and frameworks such as HTML5 and CSS stylesheets.
What are the professional qualifications of a WordPress developer?
WordPress developers are divided into three parts: core developer, plugin developer and theme developer. An associate’s degree is usually a minimum requirement for WordPress developers. Roles with more technical requirements may require a bachelor’s degree in computer programming or related fields. The International Web Association provides certification and training programs, technical support and guidelines for developers.
Should I mention certifications on my resume?
Yes, as a WordPress Developer, mentioning certifications or other training gives recruiters a more accurate picture of your skills and capabilities. Having earned any additional certifications can suggest an applicant’s passion, expertise or interest in their job. These also help recruiters to choose candidates who can take up additional responsibilities as well.