Director of Security Resume Examples
There are particular credentials employers look for when hiring for a director of security position. To shine in the hiring process, study our director of security resume examples to land a role in this competitive field. Written by certified resume writers, our examples show you the content, format and design you’ll need for your resume to impress a hiring manager.
OUR RECOMMENDED EXAMPLECustomize This Resume
Resume Success Stories
What Is a Director of Security?
The director of security is one of several administrative service managers that companies rely on to keep people safe and protect its assets. Directors of security work for security companies that property managers or business owners employ to protect one or several properties. Security directors liaise with property managers to negotiate security officers’ pay rates, uniforms and working conditions. While many directors of security ascend to this position through experience, some employers require a bachelor’s degree for this role.
What Makes This a Great
Director of Security Resume Example?
LiveCareer’s director of security resume examples, written by certified resume writers, show you how to write a resume that will help take your career to the next level. Our resume professionals know what recruiters look for in a candidate. Here are some of the ways our resume examples can help in your job search:
- Job-specific content: Directors of security handle the communications and management side of security. This director of security resume example
- Resume format ideas: Lives depend on the competence of the security team, so to become a director, security professionals typically need several years of experience in the industry. A chronological format, like the example uses, helps you showcase your expertise effectively. Less experienced applicants might consider a functional resume format, while mid-career professionals might benefit from a combination format.
- Resume template options: Security is serious work, which is why this resume example utilizes a resume template that is straightforward with just a touch of color. This conservative design would work well for most security roles but for resume templates with more creative or modern designs, our Resume Builder has dozens of styles to offer.
3 Director of Security Professional Summaries Examples
Your professional summary should succinctly describe your most impressive skills and professional achievements. Our security director professional summary examples show you how to accomplish this task. Here are three additional examples to use:
- Military veteran who served in the Army for 15 years. Spent the past five years managing a small security company that provides private security details for political diplomats overseas. Skilled in emergency response and able to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Experienced director of security who served clients at A-class buildings from New York to Atlanta. Primarily worked at hotels, condos and townhouses where clients prioritized helpfulness and service. Proven ability to recruit and maintain a large team of security professionals.
- Security professional with seven years of experience in the field. Served as shift supervisor and then lead security guard for the past three years in the retail industry. Proven ability to coordinate large teams across multiple sites and to liaise with property management whenever necessary.
3 Director of Security Work Experience Section Examples
If you struggle with finding the right words for the director of security work experience section of your resume, rely on our resume examples for help. We show you how to describe your experience and add your metrics for impact. Here are three additional examples to consider for your resume:
- Liaised with the human resources team to attract, hire and retain the best officers for the site.
- Maintained a strong relationship with property management and scored 95 percent and higher each year for client satisfaction.
- Implemented surveillance technology to improve building protection and access control.
Top Skills for Your Director of Security Resume
Choosing the right mix of skills for your director of security resume is critical for each job application. Study the job ad for the employers requirements and then add your own. Consider these options:
- Incident investigation
- Alarm system software
- Public safety procedures and policies
- Guard performance assessments
- Active listening
Building Your Director of Security Resume with Our Builder:
Select a Resume Template
Choose Pre-Written Phrases
Download, Print and Apply
Director of Security FAQs
- How do you become a security director?
- How much do security directors make?
- What is the objective of security?
How do you become a security director?
In the past, most directors of security worked their way to the top by starting from entry-level positions and building experience. The BLS reports that many employers now also expect personnel directors to earn at least a bachelor’s degree. Security professionals can consider degrees in business or a similar field. Earning a Certified Protection Professional designation is also a good idea.
How much do security directors make?
Directors of security made as much as $157,000 in 2020. The average base pay is $107,339. Where you live also makes a difference. DataUSA identifies the following three areas as the highest-paying for administrative service managers:
- Smyrna, GA
- Orangetown, Clarkstown & Ramapo, NY
- Reston & Franklin Farm, VA
What is the objective of security?
Clients rely on security professionals to deter criminals in all instances, whether actively or through the mere presence of guards on the property. Some clients need security professionals to actively protect persons or assets. They also often hire security to serve a customer service role as well as observe and report when incidents occur.