Does your resume pass inspection? Becuase quality control inspectors examine products and materials for defects or deviations from specifications in a variety of industries you can’t forget to note that you pay attention to details. Start by listing all previous job in quality assurance, describing the duties and responsibilities of each role. Next, highlight your skill set to showcase things like equipment recalibrations, operational improvements, and reporting. Finally, if you are a certified SQF inspector, include that on your resume. For more ideas, see our quality assurance resume example.
Resume Tips for Quality Assurance
Finding jobs as a quality assurance and the rest of Palm Beach County is a lot like finding jobs elsewhere: you need a plan that reflects the local industries. Since those are primarily based in the hospitality and retail industries, job seekers in other fields should research how their field interacts with those dominant industries to get a better idea of the available opportunities for them.
1. Start with research. No matter what you’re looking for, jobs as a quality assurance will be easier to identify if you know details about local companies and employers.
2. Expand your professional network by joining some organizations locally. This lets people get to know you informally before they see you for an interview if you do it right, and at the very least it gets you leads.
3. Plan your commute to fit your resources. If you know quality assurance is the place to be looking because that is your transportation reach, then your plan needs to incorporate more specific local research.
4. Work on establishing an online presence with a couple of different social networking platforms, and groom it to reflect who you are professionally as well as personally. This helps you make and maintain contacts from the earlier steps.
5. Keep your skills up to date by engaging in training and professional development workshops. Not only does it help with networking, it can also open up new opportunities by growing your base of marketable skills.
Quality Assurance Advice
Solid resume presentation skills are a must for job seekers in any market, and there is no exception when it comes to jobs as a quality assurance. Follow these steps to make sure your resume is up to expectations:
1. Shape the objective so that it gives an employer a specific glimpse into your future with the company and the benefits it will bring.
2. Use the sharpest, most active language possible to deliver clear descriptions of your accomplishments.
3. Set the order of information for each employer, so that it presents what they value most first.
4. Don’t let yourself fall into the trap of using buzzwords, they are vague and they make your resume blend in to the pack.
5. Remember to proofread everything. Each mistake stands out, and resumes are competitive items, so you need yours to reflect the highest possible standards.
Quality Assurance Job Seeking Tips
Looking for a career in quality assurance? Take the first step by creating a winning resume. The resume examples below can help you get started. Choose from multiple designs and use the pre-written text as a starting point for building your quality assurance resume. Don’t wait any longer to get on the path toward the job you want. Click on any of these resume examples now.
No Experience Quality Assurance Resume
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Quality Assurance job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Quality Assurance resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.