Step 1: Writing Your Summary Statement
• Your job title
• Specific achievements or traits
• Two or three of your top talents
Here are a few examples of summary statements using our Java developer resume template for Word:
Highly accomplished Java developer with over 15 years of comprehensive mastery of all Java packages. Authority on both global and local vendor networks. Able to motivate team members and function autonomously with minimal supervision.
Outstanding Java developer with proven expertise, design, and object-oriented analysis. Exceptional track record of supervising all aspects of software development, from design and analysis to implementation and maintenance.
Java developer with an exceptional understanding of multiple programming languages. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Adept at developing and maintaining professional working relationships with management and peers.
• Talented problem-solver
• Over 15 years’ expertise with Java tools
• Successfully led teams in deadline-oriented, stressful environments
Step 2: Writing Your Skills Section
• List relevant skills first.
• Keep points general, saving details for the work history and summary sections.
• Include five to seven directly applicable skills.
Here is a list of top skills required for Java developer positions that you should consider including when you write your resume:
• Extensive knowledge of font rendering and image processing
• High proficiency with imaging, printing, and Core Java packages
• Excellent ability to design and code to specifications
• Adaptable and flexible to maintain the pace of work
• Superior command of Java on Linux, Mac OSX, and Unix
• Expert in leading projects to meet milestones
Let’s Get You Hired
Create a professional resume in minutes with Resume Builder.
Step 3: Writing Your Work History Section
• Use metrics to measure accomplishments and make jobs specific to the posting.
• Include company, location, duration, and job title.
• List five to eight bullets that highlight each task.
• Incorporate language, keywords, and phrases from the posting.
• Add action verbs to describe responsibilities and duties.
Check out these great examples of Java developer job descriptions for the work history section:
• Resolved connectivity and application problems in Java applications that resulted in an increase of 25 percent customer satisfaction.
• Debugged and maintained applications for global vendor/client connectivity.
• Designed and implemented data validity and quality control for Java programs.
• Upheld delivery standards in developing software solutions that increased program quality by 40 percent.
Step 4: Writing Your Education Section
• List your most recent academic degree first and then the rest chronologically.
• Only recent graduates need to add their GPA.
• Include relevant certifications, volunteer positions, and short courses.
Take a look at these excellent examples of the education section of a Java Developer resume:
Master of Science, Computer Science Ð 2008
University of Minnesota Ð Minneapolis, MN
Courses included: Operating systems and programming, computer graphics, and network security
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science Ð 2006
University of Iowa Ð Iowa City, IA
Courses included: Algorithm design and analysis, principles of artificial intelligence, and machine learning
Bachelor of Science, Information Sciences Ð 2009
Kansas State University Ð Manhattan, KS
Courses included: Database systems principles, cryptography, and language programming
Short course: Object-oriented Java Programming Ð 2009
National Programming Education Ð Pueblo, CO
Microsoft Word Templates by Industry
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
- Transportation And Distribution
- Accounting And Finance
- Administrative Support
- Computers And Technology
- Food And Beverage
- Banking And Financial Services
- Beauty And Spa
- Community And Public Service
- Education And Training
- Law Enforcement And Security
- Manufacturing And Production
- Marketing, Advertising And Pr
- Skilled Trades
Microsoft Word Templates by Job Title
- Staff Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Senior Accountant
- Accounting Manager
- Sales Representative
- Account Manager
- Inside Sales Representative
- Sales Associate
- Outside Sales Representative
- Administrative Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Office Manager
- Business Analyst
- Account Executive
- Program Manager
- Sales Manager
- Medical Assistant
- Registered Nurse
- Physical Therapist
- Maintenance Technician
- Service Technician
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Software Engineer
- Java Developer
- Line Cook
- Project Manager
- Operations Manager
- Customer Service Representative