Daycare Teacher Assistant
Using an education resume template can really help to guide you in creating your own unique resume. You don't want your resume to look like cookie-cutter or generic, but an educational resume template can give section-by-section examples of what should be included. An education resume template can also help you with formatting, as deciding how to structure your resume can be tricky. Be sure to highlight your own unique skills and assets, but feel free to use a resume template to generate ideas.Create My Resume
You can make the job search in education go a little easier when you take the right actions and rely on the right tips.
1. Become more active in online communities. Websites like LinkedIn and even Facebook allow you to connect with others and use those connections to hear about new jobs and open positions before those jobs go live.
2. Go over your resume with a fine tooth comb and use grammar/spell checking software to identify any errors or mistakes that might prevent you from getting an interview.
3. Create a new plan for completing your job search in education, including where you look for jobs, when you send out your resume/cover letter and how much you want to make.
4. Research companies in your industry before you apply, including the average salaries of workers and the charitable work the company does, to get some talking points for your cover letter and interview.
5. Take online career tests and tests from local job centers to better identify your skills and the type of jobs that are best for you.
Head Start Teacher
The key to getting a great job in education and one you love is a solid resume. Regardless of what long term goals you have, the amount of experience you have or your industry, there are some do's and don'ts you should follow when writing your resume.
1. Do use a series of bullet points that help recruiters and potential employees identify the key information on your resume.
2. Do not use crazy fonts or bright colors that might detract from your resume.
3. Do include contact information in the form of an email address, phone number and home address.
4. Do not lie or exaggerate any of the content on your resume.
5. Do list the skills you developed on other jobs that apply for the job you applied for currently.