Dynamic, detail-oriented and creative Librarian and Web Analyst with 14+ years experience and excellent record of supporting research of students, faculty and general public through knowledgeable reference assistance. Adept at using a variety of databases, search engines and software to complete digital research. Well-versed in maintaining books, maps and other collections. Seeking to obtain a position in a library setting to encourage a fierce love of learning for all bibliophiles. Offering skills in library lessons, research, programming, circulation, collection development, recruiting/outreach, public library services, resource materials, as well as Montessori culture.
• Built the first library at Shining Stars Montessori Academy, as well as curating current selection and setting standards for collection development.
• Implemented a variety of theme days, including Vocabulary Hat Day, Book Character Dress Up Day, as well as coordinated a Black History presentation with our local neighborhood branch children's librarian.
• Coordinated a clothing/household goods drive for a local women's shelter, N Street Village.
• Assisted in building 2019 Summer Reading Lists for current school population, Prek3-6th grade.
• Implemented book borrowing system for students, as well as Guides.
• Attended and actively participated in meetings and trainings for Bullying Prevention.
• Adult, Child and Infant, Pediatric CPR/AED & First Aid trained, 2019.
• Positive Discipline in the Montessori School workshop, 2019.
• Stewards of Children, Darkness to Light Child Sexual Abuse training, 2019.
• Introduction to Montessori, National Center for Montessori in the Public Sector Learning Portal, 2019.
• Meditation workshop, 2019.
• PowerSchool & Montessori Compass software trained.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: