Efficient Telemetry Technician with advanced knowledge of EKG/ECG and stress testing analysis. Organized and attentive to detail with enthusiasm for fostering exceptional patient care. Highly skilled in operating and monitoring telemetry equipment to realize accurate results.
Observe central telemetry monitors and identify any changes in the patient baseline cardiac rhythm or any alarms and promptly notify nursing staff.
· Equipment knowledge includes: telemetry transmitter, patient cable, central telemetry monitors, and ECG analysis software.
· Perform tasks relating to cardiac/electrocardiogram monitoring including the observation of and initial assessment of telemetry ECG data.
· Admit patients to the monitoring system, select proper profiles, protocols, and identification formats.
· ECG hook up, quality control checks, patient positioning instructions, ECG disconnect process, along with equipment care and cleaning.
Nurse Assistant in several departments including: Obstetrics, Peds, NICU, Endo, OR, Tele, ICU, Ortho, Med Surg, ER, Skilled Nursing Facility, Behavioral Health (Palomar Continuing Care Center, Villa Pomerado, Pomerado Hospital, Surgery Center)
Responsible for Management of the Operating Room pertaining to Surgical Scheduling including: Coordinating surgical procedures, verifying insurance and obtaining authorizations. Preparing patient consents forms and information pertaining to their specific surgeries. Obtaining pre-operative physical information. Post billable surgical procedures for the physicians to review before submitting them to billing. Implementing policies and procedures. Financial planning and budgeting, salary and compensation, benefits administration, API timekeeper/payroll, surgery staff scheduling, Cerner systems management.
Provide care for patients/ unit support functions under the supervision and direction of a registered nurse.
· Within scope of practice perform clinical duties such as: decontamination procedures, vital signs, EKG's, post-mortem care, splint assistance, suction, crutch walking instructions/adjustments. Clean and irrigate lacerations, and transport patients to appropriate departments.
· Provide administrative support on Intermediate Care Unit/Telemetry. Facilitate communication and contribute to patient care. Assist with admission process, verifying selected demographic information. Insure scheduling of tests, and follow through on obtaining results.
· Under direction of management, serve as an interpreter for patients/staff and support the operations of the hospital in the consecutive, simultaneous and sight translation modes. Relay medical information between speakers of two different languages in compliance with all office and hospital policies and procedures, particularly relating to patient confidentiality and informed consent.
Bilingual administrative support services for Labor and Delivery Department. Provide support in coordination of department. Preparation of correspondence and reports of a technical, financial, and professional nature. Operation of switchboard. Assist in Patient Pre-admission, Admission and discharge protocols. Obtain patient demographic and insurance information. Scheduling and maintain medical records, documentation and preparation. Provide community resources and state fund support programs for newborn and parents.
Perform non-invasive medical procedure on newborn infants upon birth to detect hearing loss. Provide audiological referral and education information. Development and implementation of program guidelines and procedures with Program Director. Training and curriculum development. Weekly and monthly reporting for department and director.
Determine patient educational level cultural background and dialect to interpret at comprehensible level. Interpreting foreign language into English following established guidelines and hospital regulations.
Processes and transcribes physician orders, simple and complex, for review and approval. Quality assurance of medical charting in computer system. Review patients hardcopy chart assuring all medical orders are sign and dated by proper medical personnel
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: