•Named “Teacher of the Year” at Birmingham City Schools in 2007.
•Designed and conducted a well-received professional development workshop for Birmingham City School staff in 2008.
•Named Who's Who in Black Birmingham Publications 2003, 2004, & 2005
* Create an enjoyable and interesting learning environment for 16-20 students each year.
* Complete training courses to keep up-to-date with new teaching methods and developments in the field.
* Enforce the school's student discipline code to deal with problem situations.
* Assesse students' reading levels using DIBELS Next and Leveled Reading Passages.
* Draft lesson plans and submit them for review and feedback in a timely manner.
* Preserve the confidentiality of student records and information at all times.
* Take part in professional organizations and continuing education courses.
Educational Leadership Program
Assistant to Dr. Gordon Ray Fears, Principal
Assistant to Yvette M. Richardson, Ed.D., Superintendent of Schools Spring Semester 2013
Birmingham Board of Education, Birmingham, Alabama
Assistant to Rosalyn A. Childress, Ed.D., Area II Director of Schools
Fall Semester 2012
CHRUCH AFFILIATION(S): Member of The Worship Center Christian Church, Birmingham, Alabama 2011-Present Alabama State Missionary Baptist Convention Delegate Mt. Pilgrim District Association 2002-Present National Baptist Convention Delegate 2006-Present
COMMUNITY AFFILIATION(S): Charter Member of Alabama Barack Team Bessemer 2007-2012 Member of Obama (OFA) Organizing for Action 2012-Present Member of (ABWA) American Business Women's Association Aug. 2014-Aug. 2015
CAREER AFFILIATION(S): Member of the Alabama Education Association 2002-Present Member of the Birmingham Education Association 2002-Present Member of the Alabama Federation of Teachers 2012-Present Member of (NAFE) National Association for Female Executives 2000-Present
COLLEAGUE/ORGANIZATIONAL AFFILIATION(S): Central Park Elementary School Coordinator/Liaison for (UNCF) United Negro College Fund 2005-Present Central Park Elementary School Coordinator/Liaison Sunshine Committee 2005-Present Central Park Elementary School Coordinator/Liaison Kindness Counts Program 2014-Present
critical thinker, educator,Director, fast learner, Self-motivated
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: