My passion is to work as an employee at a post-secondary level and key contributor to the success of a college, while providing leadership and support within the school community and delivering a high level of professionalism. My teachability as well as my ability to collaborate effectively with other professionals and individuals will be an asset to your institution. I will strive to help the institution to reach the full potential and mission within the parameters of the position.
During my time with EDUstaff (Current Job), I have been placed on every preferred caller list at every Grand Rapids Public School that I have worked at. I believe that I have the interpersonal skills to be able to handle any situation with a great sense of professionalism. Within the scope of the available position, I will be a strong asset to your college community and will accomplish the tasks related to the open position with a strong desire to deliver the best service daily.
Throughout my 350 hour (Fall 2015) School Counseling intern experience, I was able to work together with the Union high school counseling staff to help effectively carry out a successful counseling program. My position allowed me to facilitate weekly groups with students, organize field trips, facilitate EDP completion, organize credit audits for students, work with school administration to assess current goals and problem solve. I worked with students one on one through individual counseling sessions and provided classroom presentations covering a wide variety of topics.
- Help children of all ages and abilities within the Grand Rapids Public School System.
- Assist with proctoring examinations, lesson plans, etc.
- Oversee child behavior and completion of daily tasks.
- Have understanding of emergency procedures and protocol.
- Assisted customers through payment processes at check-out, including supplying assistance with returns and customer questions and concerns.
- Explained the new Plenti point system that was being adopted, which included verifying customer records, correcting recorded errors, problem solving through colleague collaboration and effective communication to guarantee high customer satisfaction.
- Counted in merchant shipments to ensure order accuracy, applied mindful merchandising techniques to increase store revenues and sales, and assisting customers with a plethora of different questions throughout each day.
- Handled all appointment calls, questions and client concerns with strong professionalism.
- Safely and Appropriately filed confidential records appropriately with regard to the sensitivity of the material.
- Maintained organized workspace and handled client concerns.
- Organized all other tax preparer schedules for the next day, including pulling and organizing returning clients last year's tax information in the order of client appointments for the following business day.
- Collaborated effectively with colleagues in pressured moments to resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- Prepared tax returns for clients who had more simple returns, avoiding clients who were business owners and clients that needed to file more complicated returns due to me working my first tax season.
Presently enrolled and expect to complete my Masters level education by May 2017. Current GPA: 3.6
Internships and Volunteer Experience
- Counseling Department Intern / Union High School - Grand Rapids, MI (2015-2016).
- Volunteer / Kids Food Basket - Oak Industrial Dr., Grand Rapids, MI (2015).
- Volunteer / Feeding America Food Bank - West River Dr., Grand Rapids, MI (2014).
- Registration Intern / American Red Cross - Lansing, MI (2012).
- Radiology Intern / St. Lawrence Campus of Sparrow Health Systems - Lansing, MI (2010).
- GVSU Bowling Team Member / Grand Valley State University (2014 - 2015).
- LCC Stars Baseball Team Member / Lansing Community College - Lansing, MI (2007 + 2010).
- ER Greyhounds Team Baseball and Golf Captain / Eaton Rapids Sr. High School - Eaton Rapids, MI (2004).
- Co-Authored Book / Insightful Journals: Experiencing the Lives of a Few Community College Students (2013).
- Self Written Poetry Reading / Lansing State Capital "Poetry In The Park", Lansing, MI (2012).
- Volunteer / Mount Hope Church ALPHA Christian Basics Ministry - Lansing (2009).
American School Counselor Association (ASCA) member - (2015 - Present)
Kelland, Ramont, Reeder, Larson, Eckhout, & Elve. Insightful Journals: Experiencing the lives of a few community college students. (2013) ISBN:1481003038
ALPHA, Blood Borne Pathogens, Excellent Communication, Collaboration Consultation, Counseling, Client Oriented, Customer Relations, Customer Satisfaction, Customer Service, Data Acquisition, Data Entry, Decision Making, Event Coordinator, File Management, General Office, Leadership, Listening, logging, Marketing, Merchandising, Microsoft Office - Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Interpersonal skills, Interpersonal Communication and Leadership, Organizational Skills, Policies, Problem Solving, Processes, Maintaining files, Relationship Building, Team Management, Sales, Tax preparer, Tax returns, Teamwork
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: