Dedicated, competent and experienced nurse, teacher and administrative professional with over 18 years of experience. Skilled in leadership, communication, organization and many other skills. Relates and works wonderfully with people of all ages. Working alongside families prove to also be a strong attribute.
• Conducts health screenings as directed by state statutes, district policies and administrative plans.
• Observes students to assess and detect individual health needs.
• Provides direct nursing care as needed to meet the needs of the students
• Administers first aid in accordance with established first aid procedures from a recognized agency, i.e. American Heart Association.
• Maintains up-to-date cumulative health records on all students and reports any discrepancies.
• Collaborates and reports to school personnel, administration, physicians, and agencies to ensure consistent communication and implementation of student health needs in a timely and appropriate manner.
• Assumes authority, in the absence of a physician, for emergent care of a student or faculty member who has sustained an injury or developed a serious illness.
• Implements district policy and state statutes on attendance exclusion and readmission with regard to infection/contagious disease, as well as non-compliance with immunization requirements.
• Provides Universal Precautions instruction and reinforcement to students and staff.
•Covering a leave of absence, assists the School Nurse Leader, School Physician, School Health Advisory Council, and administration in developing a school health program.
•Participates in the planning and implementation of goals established by the School Nurse Leader and district school nurses.
•Provides continuous disease surveillance in the school setting.
•Observes students to assess and detect individual health needs.
•Provides direct nursing care; to meet the needs of the students
•Administers medications and first aid in accordance with established procedures.
•Maintains up-to-date cumulative health records on all students and reports any discrepancies.
•Collaborates and reports to school personnel, administration, physicians, and agencies to ensure consistent communication and implementation of student health needs in a timely and appropriate manner.
•Assumes authority, in the absence of a physician, for emergent care of a student or faculty member who has sustained an injury or developed a serious illness.
•Implements district policy and state statutes on attendance exclusion and readmission with regard to infection/contagious disease, as well as non-compliance with immunization requirements.
•Actively participates in professional development programs and workshops.
•Serves as a liaison between school personnel, family, community and healthcare providers to advocate for health care and promote a healthy school environment
•Develops plans for student care based on the nursing process, which includes assessment, interventions, and identification of outcomes and evaluation of care.
•Provides health-related education to students and staff provides consultation to other school professionals.
•Uses clinical judgment in providing case management services.
•Collaborates with others to build student and family capacity for adaptation, self-management, self-advocacy and learning.
•Follow, provide, and collaborate with others on COVID-19 procedures, precautions and regulations
•Administering and managing medications
•Monitoring student medication changes and side effects
•Providing training to staff in regards to specific protocols and policies for student illnesses
•Ensure school maintains and adheres to its policies and procedures
•Maintain compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations
•Providing health education to children, staff and families
•Communication with support staff about health concerns and medical incidents
•Provide support for staff, families and students
•Maintenance and update of child records
•Maintenance and update of staff records
•Oversee enrollment and scheduling of students
•Forecast enrollment by classroom to determine availability and timing of open spaces
•Monitor classroom attendance and staff ratios to ensure regulatory compliance and optimize wage spending
•Oversee staff scheduling and staff education/training/professional development
•Oversee family records for financial, attendance, payments etc.
•Covering (subbing) shifts in classrooms for the absence of staff for vacations, illness and breaks.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: