I have been involved in several different work fields from restaurants, landscaping,Automotive and even USPS, however since I started working with youth and even more so working with youth inside of the school setting I truly believe I have found my true career path. Over the years I have excelled and made strides to improve myself in any position I have held and for the most part I have always had positive feedback and great reviews. I view my self as an ultimate team player that is extremely flexible and reliable.
While my actual roles and responsibilities vary depending on individual circumstances generally I perform some or all of the following tasks.
1. Maintains awareness of Atlantis Charter School policies regarding attendance and discipline and follows policies as directed.
2. Communicates regularly with Student Resource Officer regarding attendance data and provides updates on the supervision of students serving ISS.
3. Assists the Deans in collecting attendance data district wide and enters information into attendance tracking system daily.
4. Supervises students who have been assigned an In School Suspension (ISS) and/or after school administrative detentions.
5. Enforces Atlantis Charter School policies and regulations when supervising students.
6. Communicates with teachers on class work and/or assignments for students assigned to ISS.
7. Assists the Deans in tracking discipline and in the preparation of reports on discipline changes.
8. Provides daily morning and lunch supervision of students when no students are assigned to ISS or when Behavioral Investigations are not in progress.
9. Clearly communicates expectations to students.
10. Provides assistance in transcribing investigative reports and safety plans from the Student Resource Officer's notes, as needed.
11. Maintains strict confidentiality of sensitive information related to student discipline and investigations.
12. Establishes and maintains cooperative and effective working relationships with all members of school community to carry out responsibilities;
13. Interacts professionally with a diverse range of constituents;
14. Maintains an attendance record that meets or exceeds an acceptable standard as defined by ACS policy.
15. Takes responsibility and accountability for assigned tasks, projects, and duties while maintaining a professional manner.
16. Makes efficient use of time by organizing and prioritizing work efficiently.
17. Presents a professional appearance by adhering to ACS dress code.
18. Is actively engaged in job/career growth by attending inservice programs, professional development, educational courses and seminars.
19. Actively listens and responds in a respectful non-confrontational manner to the opinions of others.
20. Fosters positive attitude in the workplace.
21. Maintains and respects strict confidentiality of any sensitive information related to Atlantis Charter School, its faculty, staff and students.
Part of my responsibilities had me providing services in the youth's home and community by integrating our services with engaging activities so we could help the youth we serve meet their treatment goals as well as
1. Meet with a client base of 11-12 youth weekly
2. Meet expectations surrounding paperwork deadlines and utilization trends
3. Preparation of social skill building activities for each youth
Assist with teaching youth socially appropriate behavior while in the community
4. Assist with assessing safety issues that may have an impact on the service.
5. Attend weekly meetings to go over case load, in order to look over and plan accordingly.
6. Attend Monthly/Quarterly budget and billing account meetings.
7. Attended Monthly meeting with DCF and DMR.
1. Assisting in the coordination of residential services and providing professional treatment and care to residents.
2. Quality youth care and close intensive supervision of adolescent clients in a residential treatment setting.
3. Effectively monitor safety and demonstrate group management skills and effectively deescalate potentially chaotic or volatile situations
4. Assist the children in the performance of regular daily activities, including bed making, personal hygiene, room cleaning, and all other chores normally expected of children their ages.
5. Work closely and maintain consistent and appropriate communication with all other staff members as a part of a comprehensive treatment team, including assistance during day rehabilitation groups when necessary.
6. Pro-actand check in with the children frequently to prevent crisis situations.
7. May assist in the administration of allowance/incentive programs/resident funds to the residents in an accurate manner, ensuring record keeping and compliance with all CCL standards, and agency policies and practices.
Due to health and family reasons I stepped away from my education which prevented me from finishing what I started, however I will be finishing my last course at B.C.C and transferring to Bridgewater State to finish out my education this upcoming semester.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: