Recent college graduate with almost three years of experience in the fitness industry as a Fitness Coordinator, Personal Trainer, and a Group Fitness Instructor. Skilled in customer service, technology, and staff development. As a motivating leader with a strong work ethic and a desire to be a part of a successful team in the fitness industry, I am looking for an opportunity to further expand and enhance my analytical, management, and leadership skills.
- Have worked with multiple technology formats including Excel/Google Sheets, Adobe Spark, SubItUp, IMLeagues, as well as worked with editing websites.
- Able to create budget projections and track feedback, trends, and statistics and use them to analytically come up with ideas that can help a team be successful.
- Staff Development and Leadership
- Customer Service
- Marketing and Sales
- Managed day to day Group Fitness and Personal Training operations, including creating and updating the Group Fitness schedule and the online template, distributing clients to Personal Trainers.
- Promoted staff development and communication by creating meeting agendas and running part of the fitness team meetings, formally evaluating staff members twice a year, and introducing new staff members to our technology, codes, policies, and emergency action plan. Also participated in interviews to determine how an employee can help the team.
- Assisted with the creation of new Group Fitness policies when necessary by viewing feedback from staff and patrons, communicating with other professional staff members, and considering safety, effectiveness, and how it would be enforced before making the change.
- Utilized Excel and Google Sheets to keep track of Group Fitness numbers, Personal Training packages and renewals, staff certifications, inventory, and to create biannual budget projections.
- Assisted with marketing and sales by creating announcements that were used in Group Fitness classes and on the facility website and facility radio, selecting photos and wording that would be utilized on marketing posters, and going out to campus wide events to sell Group Fitness passes to students and faculty. Also used Adobe Spark to create posts on social media.
- Programmed workouts and taught cardio, strength, cycling, Les Mills, and team training based fitness classes in front of small and large groups of people.
- Provide an entertaining and effective class experience while also paying attention to safety and when necessary follow the emergency action plan and address patrons not following policies while trying to avoid.
- Provide customer service by showing and explaining alternatives to cater to all fitness levels and all capabilities, as well as answer patron questions and collect and when necessary communicate patron feedback with professional staff.
- Used administrative technology to drop and sub classes, check patrons into class and to identify patrons who pre-registered for class.
- Tracked client progress through recording workouts and assessments that would help trainers track goals, measurements, cardio and strength tests, and flexibility and posture.
- Programmed workouts based off of client's goals, current capabilities and potential needs, and by talking with the client during their session.
- Use administrative technology to keep track of assessments and sessions used at the end of every session.
- Formed a community with the residents in my hall by creating programs and forming bonds with my residents when I could.
- Addressed conflict and broken policies in the hall while staying calm and assuring when possible.
- Worked with other staff members and health organizations across campus to provide entertaining programs that educated residents about health as well as other forms of wellness such as finance, social health, etc.
- Was given a $4,000 budget to plan and order the vendors for the entertainment section of the largest student housing event of the year. Included planning out with other staff members where the vendors, attractions, and DJ would be placed to provide the best experience for residents.
- GPA: 3.117
- Minor in Economics
- CPR/AED and First Aid (Renewed October 2019)
- ACE Group Fitness Instructor (October 2017, Renewed October 2019)
- ACE Personal Trainer (March 2018, Planning to Renew)
- Les Mills BODYPUMP (February 2019-Present)
- Les Mills BODYCOMBAT (July 2019-Present)
- Completed workshops for Matrix and Spinning/Spivi (Cycling formats and technology), and F45 (Team Training format)
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: