Motivated individual with strong work ethic and ability to work independently. Strong organizational and team collaboration skills with experience in improving processes.
Mental Health Ambassador
November 2016- January 2019
· Provide weekly office hours for college students to discuss their mental health.
· Educate students about mental health through discussions and monthly activities on campus.
· Work closely with the UC Counseling and Psychological Services to refer students needing therapy to their center.
Area Health Education Center (AHEC) Scholars
· Prepare for rural and urban clinical experiences as a healthcare professional with online classwork, in-person classroom experiences, and professional development opportunities.
· Completed the two-year program which required 40 hours each year of classroom-based and online didactic experiences and 40 hours of team-based and community-based experiences each year.
Peer Mentor/Tutor at Woodward Tech High School
September 2016-May 2019
• Work with students after school in grades 7-12 on their schoolwork and social interaction skills.
• Advise students on the importance of earning a high school diploma and college degree to better their future.
Volunteer at the Center for Closing the Health Gap
May 2017-August 2017
• Teach students with the Inner-City Tennis Project about the importance of nutrition.
• Write Herald Articles on current issues in minority health as well as making fliers about nutrition for a food bank.
Cincinnatus Scholarship Recipient
· Four-year scholarship provided by University of Cincinnati with requirement of a 3.0 GPA or above and 30 hours of community service each school year.
· Awarded to students with a 3.5 or above GPA in the College of Medicine.
The National Society of Leadership and Success
Inducted Fall 2017-Present
· Students are selected by faculty or a school advisor to professionally train to become emerging leaders in their career field with leadership training, speaker broadcasts, and a success network team that meets weekly to discuss their goals.
2018 Minority Trainee Development Scholarship (MTDS) Award
· Awarded both a scholarship and award at the American Thoracic Society Conference to promote underrepresented minority students in the pulmonary field.
UC Community Spotlight
· Selected as the February undergraduate student spotlight.
· Interviewed by Bearcast Media, a student run organization, about my work as a student to combat health disparities and support equity in the greater Cincinnati community.
Bickett, A. N., Lower, E. E., & Baughman, R. P. (2018). Sarcoidosis Diagnostic Score. Chest, 154(5), 1052–1060. doi: 10.1016/j.chest.2018.05.003
Blood Borne Pathogens Certified/HIPAA Certified Mental Health First Aid Certified
Job Titles Held: